[sixteen]

Wonwoo's POV:

We debate on what to watch after eating dinner. I say I want to watch a horror movie, she says she wants to watch sci-fi.

I ask her if she's afraid of ghosts. I want her to hold onto me when she's afraid, so I hope she says she fears ghost.

She says no.

She says her life journey is worth being notable on the pages of a horror novel. I don't agree. I tell Miyeon that her life journey is remarkable and beyond human imagination. She laughs it off.

I love her smile,
I love it since day one,
I love it when I'm the reason behind her smile.

If I had to describe her using a color, I would choose purple. She reminds me of lavender. She's pure, serene, devoted. She is graceful and elegant.

She shines sweetly through the gloom, like glimpses of eternal day beyond the tomb. She brings felicity wherever she goes. She has a strange ability to heal people with just her presence; she healed me.

She's just like a lavender.

We agree on sci-fi. I let her choose whatever she wants to watch. She picks star wars.

We start off energetically, but she ends up falling asleep on my arms.

I quietly watch her sleep for a few minutes. I think of falling asleep next to her, but I want her to sleep more comfortably. So I carefully move her head to the pillow and pull the blanket for her.

I want to kiss her forehead and pat it while she sleeps, but I'm afraid she'll wake up. So I move away from her.

I turn off the lights and lie down beside her. I won't be able to sleep anyway, so I roll onto my back and get a better view of her face.

Even in the mild city lights coming from outside the room, she gleams at all points like a constellation.

She is beautiful.

"Goodnight, my star."

***

A feeble sound of whimpering wakes me up. It's 3:35 am. I quickly glance at Miyeon.

Her pillow is soaking wet. She is curled up in a ball, she is shaking. Is she having a nightmare?

Tears are continuously staining her cheeks. Except for some occasional grimaces and deep breaths, she's doing nothing but crying. I'm calling her name but she isn't responding.

All she is doing is crying and crying.

I wonder how terrible the nightmare is.

Gingerly, I slide an arm under her neck. I pull her closer to my chest. I let her cry there.

She grips onto my shirt and buries her face deeper. I kiss her hair and constantly caress her head to ease her fright. I hope it's helping.