[thirty]

Jae drops me right at my house gate. Just as I expected, he knew the address beforehandly. He still finds it ridiculous that I live with 13 guys and that one of them is my boss now (though we never saw each other even for once inside the house after I returned). He says his mom would've buried him alive if he told her he wanted to live with his friends.  

I don't blame his mom. No parent is crazy enough to let their child live permanently with their friends at such young age while being aware of the consequences. It happened to be that our parents were close to one another before the time we were even born. They were all college buddies. That's why they allowed their kids to rent a whole house and live together.

My dad and Hoshi's mom told us that story when they dropped by few days ago. Prior this, I always wondered why the guys addressed each other's parents as 'mom and dad', not 'aunt and uncle'. We were all actually a huge family to begin with. It's kind of fascinating, isn't it?

It's also kinda infelicitous that due to some unwelcomed state of affairs one of us is no longer considered as a part of the family. Why did things end up like this? Will it ever go back to how it was before?

We exchange phone numbers and promise that we'll definitely hang out later this week. After bidding goodbyes, he leaves. I can feel my stamina standing at it's lowest point. My muscles and limbs are refusing to cooperate with my will, hence it takes me great force to push myself to the entrance door of my house.

I left in a hurry this morning and forgot my keys with me. So, I ring the calling bell, hoping someone will be generous enough to at least hear it. The boys are quiet these days, but not quite enough to hear any sound from outside. That's why everyone has two spare keys with them. The calling bell is pretty much useless.

I'm about to press it again, just then Dino opens the door for me. "Where have you been all day noona?" He asks. "You look so tired. I'll get you some water." He hurriedly adds as he scurries to the kitchen.

"Thank you Channie." I say, finishing the last drop of water that was left in the glass. "I had a shoot this morning, then I went to a cafe with a new friend." I could no longer hide that I got a job after the compulsory company classes and training started. Shockingly, they were proud of the fact that I found something I like and that I'll be able earn for myself now, which is more than enough. Jeonghan approved for it as well. They also admitted that we did a pretty decent job sneaking out of the house right under their noses.

However, I did lie about the name of the company I am working under. I have no idea for how long I'm planning to hide it. They won't be too happy if they find out I'm working under the person they despise the most. I guess I'll have to keep hiding it until my contract expires.

Dino takes the glass from me and asks, "What friend?"

"A senior in the company. His name is Jae."

"Jae as in Jae Park? The star model of our country? Member of the rock band named Day6?"

I have already nodded my head instinctively, before I realize that I have made a huge, huge mistake.

I just exposed myself to Chan. It was so fucking stupid of me to say Jae's name. I should've been more careful. Oh Lord, this is gonna be so bad.

"YOU ARE WORKING UNDER KMG ENTERTAINMENT???"

"Shush shush shush!" I quickly cover his mouth with my hand, "You're gonna get me murdered at this rate Chan. Promise me you won't scream and call the others if I remove my hand?" I say carefully.

He bobs his head. I peep around my surroundings and make sure nobody is around to hear us. Then, I remove my hand from his mouth. He sighs, "What have you brought on yourself noona? You know the repercussions. Was it necessary?" He says in a low voice. He doesn't sound very angry or disenchanted like I predicted, but he isn't palpably blithe either. He is somewhere between.