17. Pippa and the Mirror of Erised

2nd year

Marnie had dragged me down to the dungeons and then deserted me here. Hogwarts' dungeon system is extensive and I was finding that out as I attempted to navigate my way back out. The night dragged on and I grew hopeless, knowing Marnie had taken the Maurder's Map with her.

As I passed by a chamber, I noticed the door was cracked open. I had suddenly begun to feel an incredible urge to go into this room. The feeling got the best of me as I found myself sneaking into the dark chamber. The moonlight from outside seeped in as I found myself faced with a large object towering over me, covering in a tarp. I yanked on the tarp, letting it fall to the ground, and gasped as the object turned out to be a large mirror.

In the mirror, I saw myself standing, looking confused. As I stepped closer, blinking rapidly as my eyes adjusted to the dark, another figure appeared in the mirror. A tall ginger boy whose smile was brighter than any star in the night sky. My head whipped around to look behind me, only to find there was no one there.

I smiled at the image of Fred Weasley and myself standing side by side, hands intertwined. Heat assaulted my face as I had suddenly realized that the mirror showed me what I wanted. Fred, in the mirror, leaned down and placed a kiss on my forehead, smiling.

I closed my eyes for a moment, taking a breath. When I opened them again, Fred was gone. However, there were two adults standing in his place. A woman with long red hair and dark brown eyes, smiling. She was holding a young boy in her arms. On the other side of me, stood a man with dark hair and glasses, very much like mine. He was also smiling.

I desperately wracked my brain trying to think of who these people were, unable to recognize them. Whoever these people were, they were obviously significant to me, but I couldn't figure for the life of me who they were or why I wanted them to be in my life.

I thought for a moment. I had never met my parents. Or, knew them enough to remember them. Perhaps, that's them? In the mirror?

"Pippa?" I gasped, startled as Marnie's voice ripped through my thoughts.

"Merlin, Marn, you scared me," I said with my hand on my chest. She smiled, devilishly.

"Sorry, Pip." Marnie stepped into the room.

"Oh, you found the Mirror of Erised." Marnie mused, walking up to it. I looked at her funny.

"The what?" I asked, crossing my arms.

"The Mirror of Erised. It shows you the thing you want the most." She said, glancing over to it.

"Strange," I replied.

"What did you see?" Marnie asked. I couldn't think of anything to say. Marnie didn't wait for an answer, sensing I didn't want to respond.

"Come on, we should get back for Filch has our arses." I nodded, following her out the chamber, quickly looking back at the mirror in awe.

~

short and quick. i didn't have any huge ideas for this one. update soon. Word count: 523