48. Marnie, Pippa, Ella, and the Quidditch World Cup

Warnings: violence, brief mention of torture, panic, big crowds, Death Eaters, Cece's inability to make an accurate or coherent timeline 

*Summer before Sixth Year*

The morning had stared around four as Marnie jumped on the beds of Pippa and Ella. 

"It's time! It's time for the World Cup! Come on, get up!" She resembled a child on Christmas waking her parents up before the sun dared to shine in the sky. 

"Marnie, please." Pippa wheezed as Marnie bounced up and down, trying hard to wake her friends. Ella, who could seemingly sleep through a tornado at certain times, just rolled over, groaning and yanking her blanket closer. 

"Come on! We mustn't be late!" Marnie pleaded, once again bouncing up and down.

"There's no way we can be late, it's four in the morning." Ella groaned. 

"Absolutely we can come on! We're meeting Cedric and his dad to get to the game, we can't be late!" Marnie fussed. 

"Woman is never on time in her life but suddenly becomes Father Time over Quidditch." Pippa teased, rubbing her eyes and reaching for her glasses. Marnie, in far too good a mood to care, just smiled and left the room, ready to harass the rest of the Burrow. Lucky for her, Mr. Weasley was in the process of waking up his redheads to get ready too. 

Pippa and Ella eventually emerged from their shared room, stepping around the mattress Marnie occupied at night. Fred and George met both of them in the hall.

"Morning." They sang together. They were clad in identical outfits, wearing tan trousers and matching buttoned jumpers. 

"Lovely, now it's even more impossible to tell you apart." Pippa joked while Fred smiled, leaning down to kiss her. 

"It's not their fault you can't tell them apart," Ella said, leaning into George. Pippa rolled her eyes, smiling. 

"I'm getting much better at it." 

"So, has the drill Sargent been by yet?" Fred teased, obviously having already seen Marnie.

"Oh yes, reckon she got up at three, did a few laps around the Burrow, and then came in to pounce on us," Ella replied. 

"Rather enthusiastic one, she is." George smiled. The four made their way downstairs where Marnie and Ginny were excitedly gushing about their favourite teams. Marnie, of course, went for the Irish, and Ginny went on and on about how she wished the Holyhead Harpies were playing. 

"They were this close to getting the snitch!" She exclaimed. 

"Merlin, I know! I think if they hadn't tried to bring out a brand new move at a qualifiers match the game would've been theirs." Marnie hummed, bouncing her leg.

"That's what I was thinking, they have such a great team dynamic but they looked like a swarm of something trying to configure that new move. And it would've been a game-changer had they perfected it." Ginny agreed. 

After twenty minutes, the Weasley children, accompanied by Marnie, Pippa, Ella, Harry, Nora, and Hermione, set off to meet Cedric and Amos. It didn't take long to meet with them as Cedric dropped down from out of a tree, making Marnie and Pippa laugh, rolling their eyes. 

"All these yours, Arthur?" Amos asked. Mr. Weasley laughed, heavily. 

"Merlin no. Just the redheads." He laughed. The group pressed on to what Amos and Arthur called a Portkey. Pippa was familiar with such a device as she had taken one the first time she met Cedric and his father. Though, she made a habit to avoid them.