1. Pippa and the Hufflepuff Boy

"Be back by 4 P.M. sharp. We have dinner plans and I don't need you wandering the house aimlessly." I didn't get a chance to say anything as Lucious went about his usual routine of apparating me places instead of being a normal parent who accompanies their child places.

I landed in Diagon Alley, thinking to myself, at least that much went alright. I held a list in my hand of tasks that needed to be taken care of all before 4 P.M. After a minute or two, I deemed it fit for Gringotts would be my first stop.

After managing to work my little 12-year old brain through a complex banking system, I was set and ready to get the rest of my supplies. I wandered into Madam Malkin's Robes for All Occasions. Narcissa had set up an appointment for robe fittings for school.

"Hello! I will be right with you!" A voice from beyond, who I could only assume was Madam Malkin, called to me.

"Alright," I replied, tapping my foot, anxiously as I waited for the mysterious woman to appear.

"Hello deary, how may I help you this morning?" A friendly-looking woman came to the front desk.

"Hello, I'm Pippa Malfoy. Narcissa- my mum made an appointment for robe fittings?" I worked hard to ignore the bitter taste of called that woman her mother and attempted to remember to be polite.

"Of course! Let me just check my records- ah yes! here we are! If you would like to set any belongings behind my desk for safekeeping you may have and we will get started!"

~

After an hour of being poked and prodded, I gave the woman what I owed her for robes and waving goodbye to her. She handed me a slip informing me of when my robes would be in for pick-up.

Checking that item off my list, I went to Eeylop's Owl Emporium to look for an owl. Lucious instructed that I pick one that was big and strong and not too personable. Naturally, I had made it my mission to do just the opposite.

"Hello, looking for an owl today, Miss?" The man behind the counter asked. I found it to be an odd question but refrained from voicing my sarcastic response.

"Yes."

"Any kind in particular?" I paused a moment, then shook my head.

"No, I don't really know much about owls," I admitted.

"Well, you've got your big and strong Eagle Owl," I shook my head, "your dependable and fierce Screech Owl." It cocked its head at me as we passed, almost glaring.

"Nope."

"How about a Great grey Owl?" My eyes wandered, suddenly landing on the cutest, tiniest owl I had ever seen.

"What about that one?" I asked, venturing over. The shop attendant laughed, hesitantly.

"Surely, Miss you don't want a Little Owl, do you?" He asked. I smiled up at him.

"Absolutely, I do."

~

My new Little Owl, Neptune, I had decided to name him, bounced around in his cage happily as I walked into Ollivander's.

"Hello?" A man called. I couldn't help but laugh as every shop keeper I had met so far greeted me the same way.

"Hello," I replied.

"In need of a wand, I see." Who I could only assume was Mr. Ollivander himself asked.

"Yes sir." I had started to feel that I had likely done my shopping backward.

"I don't suppose you'd mind if I placed my owl on the counter for a moment?" I asked, timidly. Mr. Ollivander smiled.

"Not at all, be my guest." I smiled gratefully.