58. Pippa and the Yule Ball

"What do you think of this one?" Marnie pinched the bridge of her nose while I pushed my glasses up.

"I'm not sure." I swayed nervously, gazing in the mirror.

"I think it's beautiful. Almost makes you forget the other 27 dresses you've already tried on." Marnie sighed, pacing around. Ella snorted at her comment, flipping through this week's edition of Witch Weekly.

"Ignore her, I think you look lovely. How does this one make you feel? Like it's the most glorious thing you've ever tried on or meh?"

"Meh," I replied, shyly, feeling guilty for wasting so much time.

"Alright, you stay put, Marnie and I are going to pick a few more, yeah?" Ella pulled Marnie's arm as I nodded, sighing. I turned my head, looking out the window, watching the Hogwarts students wandering through Hogsmeade.

My eye was briefly caught by two tall red-heads that I immediately knew as the infamous Weasley Twins. I gasped as Fred met my eyes, smiling. He suddenly looked ready to enter the dress shop.

"Oh, Merlin." I sighed as the two whirlwinds entered the quaint shop.

"Princess! Merlin, you look stunning." Fred breathed, kissing my forehead. I giggled shyly, smiling as George went over to bother Ella and Marnie.

"Freddie! You can't see my dress yet!" I exclaimed, trying to hide a smile. I watched as Fred's face drained slightly of colour before I dissolved into laughter. Fred smiled, rolling his eyes.

"You're such a handful, Princess. Had me scared half to death." He was laughing as he took my hand, spinning me around gently. Fred had an admiring look adorned on his face.

"You look a little stressed, Love, are you alright?" He asked quietly. I nodded, biting my bottom lip a bit.

"Mmhmm," I replied, not meeting his eyes.

"Princess." Fred practically sang, smiling at me.

"I'm a little stressed," I muttered.

"Mmhmm, and why is that? Anything I can do to help?" Freddie asked, pecking my lips a few times.

"I suppose not, I'm just still picking out a dress," I explained. I could hear Marnie, George, and Ella laughing, still while picking dresses for me.

"Oh, well, I'm sure whatever you choose will be absolutely beautiful, as usual." I smiled, my face growing warm. I counted the freckles on the bridge of Fred's nose poking each one while he giggled. I fiddled with his fingers while he held my hand. I tugged his arm a little, willing him to come closer to my height.

"I'm worried Ella and Marnie are losing patience," I whispered, glancing over at the two who were still laughing and joking with George.

"I'm sure everything is alright, my love," he brushed some hair from my face behind my ear, "they're your closest friends and both are painfully honest about pretty much everything, I'm positive they'd let you know if they wanted to leave," Fred replied. My face tensed a little bit thinking of that and Fred was quick to catch his wording.

"But they want to help you, so obviously they won't say that just breathe! This is supposed to be fun!" Fred gently held my head with both his hands, kissing my forehead in a dramatic fashion.

"It'll be fun?" I asked, feeling a little more encouraged.

"Yes, Princess, it'll be fun! I know you're tired, you've spent weeks looking for a dress but you'll find the perfect fit so soon. Don't stress, love. You'll find it. George and I are going to run, I'll see you when you get back?"