January 5th 1977

After what felt like hours, the sweet sound of bells ringing came from the bell-tower, freeing you from the most boring potions class you'd ever attended. You got up from your table, said bye to the nice hufflepuff, and went over to Lily. "So Sirius wasn't in potions either?" You asked as soon as you saw Lily. "No... James and Peter are also gone. I know that because I actually managed to get some work done today, without James' annoying little remarks." Lily joked, and you knew she'd missed James today.

"Weird... Isn't that the hundredth time they've just magically disappeared???" You asked as Lily grabbed her books and headed towards the door. "They've been gone since lunch, I'm sure."

"You're right." She said, her expression looking very thoughtful. "Merlin's beard! I have an idea!" She exclaimed, before grabbing your hand and pulling you from the dungeons all the way to the Gryffindor tower, in record time.

"What- is- it?" You were completely out of breath. "I know how to see where they are!" You didn't register what she'd said. You were way too busy wondering why she wasn't as out of breath as you.

She ran up the stairs to the boys' dorm, and came back with a familiar piece of parchment. The map. She smiled confidently before folding out the map and saying; "We solemnly swear we are up to no good."

The ink started appearing, but instead of the normal words, the map said:

Messrs

Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot, and Prongs

welcome honorary marauders, Lily and Y/n,

and ask them to use the map wisely.

Prongs would like to add that Lily looks absolutely stunning at this moment.

Padfoot would like to add that Prongs is an idiot.

Wormtail would like to agree with Padfoot.

Moony would like to apologize to the lovely girls for their foolish behaviour.

You couldn't help but smile at the words, as Lily opened the map. The two of you spent about thirty seconds looking for the boys' names, before you found them.

"There they are!" You pointed at the map. Down in the corner, it showed a secret passage that led from the Whomping Willow, out of the Hogwarts grounds. James, Sirius and Peter were walking away from Hogwarts, but you had no idea where to. And where was Remus?

"Wait..." Lily said. "Am I wrong or does it look like they are going to the Shrieking Shack?!" You nodded. It certainly looked like it.

"That's rather suspicious, don't you think?"

***

January 30th 1977

"Where are we going?" Lily exclaimed, trying to pull your hands away from her eyes. "I don't know, what do you mean?" You joked, leading her down the halls, careful not to run into any teachers.

It was late in the evening, and you hoped the boys had finished decorating. This surprise party had to be perfect.

You breathed out relieved as you saw the entrance to the Room of Requirement in front of you. "Here we are!" You let go of Lily, and she opened her eyes. "The Room of Requirement?" She asked, absolutely confused. "Open the doors, idiot!" You joked, and Lily hesitantly, but curiously, opened them.