May 21st 1977 pt. 2

You didn't hesitate to lean in as well, though it felt like an eternity before your lips touched. An eternity in which your thoughts began racing. This was it. This was what you'd so desperately wanted since you got your mark. This was what you'd only dreamed of. And to think that you'd managed to convince Remus to give it a shot, was the most unbelievable part of it all.

You felt as though electricity soared through your chest, and you wanted to give in to the feeling of excitement. That was what you'd decided it was, anyways. Not nervousness. Excitement.

The feeling only intensified once your lips finally touched. A familiar, yet completely new feeling. You'd missed his soft touch and reluctant movements as your lips slowly moved in sync. You'd missed the way his arms wrapped around you, and you'd missed the way you could pull him close. So close that one could say you almost melted together.

It just felt right.

And as you pulled apart, feeling high from the kiss, you were tempted to lean back in. Just to make the moment last longer. But of course it had to end sometime, except you were sure that you'd get many more moments like this in the future. 

You looked at Remus, smiling brightly, once again noticing how beautiful his golden eyes were. Then, you both looked down on your wrists, expecting a tingling feeling to appear in a few seconds. Remus gave you a sad look, completely sure that he was right.

Except he wasn't.

Because just then, you felt a tingling sensation on your wrist, and with big eyes you looked at your mark. The black was slowly fading as a silver colour was spiralling across it, confirming what you already knew. Remus was your soulmate.

You felt relieved as you looked up into his eyes, grabbing his hand tightly.

"I knew it." You exclaimed as Remus just pulled you in for a hug. "Thank you for not giving up on me, N/n." He squeezed you tighter without a hint of wanting to let go. "For Godric's sake." You sighed, pulling back to look him in the eyes again. "We should' ve bet on it." You joked. "Then I'd be about five galleons richer now!"

Remus just laughed. "You have no idea how happy I am that I was wrong." 

"What does this teach you? Never give up before even trying, Rem." You smiled before leaning back in for another kiss.

"Nice!" Sirius' voice cut through your kiss, making you pull apart, both with swollen lips. "I told you she liked you, Moony!"

***

June 29th 1977

"And so, it is with great pleasure that I can reveal to you the winners of this year's house cup!" Dumbledore spoke loudly from the teachers' table. "RAVENCLAW!"

Blue banners fell from the ceiling, as the Ravenclaw table erupted in cheers. "At least it isn't Slytherin." James commented, clapping along to show his support. 

"It has been a marvelous school year, and I look forward to seeing most of you again next year. But for now, let the last feast of the year, begin!"

A delicious feast appeared on the tables, with students practically throwing themselves at it. "So, do you guys want to come stay at our house in August, again this year?" You asked, looking at your friends, but mostly Remus. "We need to celebrate Peter getting his soulmark the right way!" James added. "Plus, we need to reintroduce Lily and Remus to our parents!" This made Remus blush, looking at you for reassurance. "Don't worry." You took his hand under the table. "They already love you."

"Any chance I can stay with you the whole summer?" Sirius asked, reaching for a platter of meat. "Of course, Padfoot. There's no chance in hell that we'll let you return to that dump." James answered, stuffing his mouth with potatoes. 

"We should also invite Marlene! I'm sure she'd enjoy some time with you." You wiggled your eyebrows at Sirius, making the whole group laugh.

***

June 30th 1977

"Bye Lils." You hugged your friend. You were all standing on Platform 9 3/4, saying your goodbyes for the summer. "Promise me to write every week?" You nodded, letting go of her. "And promise me that you'll write to me if that sister of yours does anything to hurt you. Okay?" She smiled shyly. "Yeah... Yeah..."

"Excuse me ladies," James walked up to you. "Any chance I can say goodbye to my girlfriend now?" You laughed before giving the two some space.

"Goodbye Peter!" You walked over to Sirius, Remus and Peter. "I can't wait to celebrate your birthday!" He laughed, going in for a hug. "Thanks, Y/n." You hugged for a moment before pulling apart. "Sirius, I'll just say goodbye to Remus ok? If my mum asks, just stall her a bit." You winked before pulling Remus away from the others.

"That eager to say goodbye, eh? I guess you don't love me as much as I'd thought." He joked, dramatically turning away. "Oh come on, Rem. You know I love you. A bit, at least." You went in on the joke, pulling Remus closer to you. 

"Wow, I am going to miss you incredibly much, you know that?" He spoke, looking you in the eyes. "Please, promise to write a letter every day?" You let out a giggle before answering. "I'll write you a letter every day, until my owl gets tired of delivering them." His smile lit up the whole platform, and in that moment, you'd do anything to take him with you.

"I love you, Y/n."

"I love you too."

You didn't speak much more because, as they say, actions speak louder than words. It would be your last kiss in a looong time, so you had to make it count.

As you pulled apart, you were sure that Remus wouldn't forget you that easily. You knew you wouldn't forget him, anyways. "Bye, Rem."

"Bye, N/n." 

And with that, you left Remus on the platform looking rather dishevelled, and made your way to the car where James and Sirius were already waiting for you. The ride home would sure be filled with... interesting comments and innuendos.

________________________________________________________________________________

A/n

And now the story is sadly over.

Thank you SO much for reading, commenting and voting, it has meant (and still means) a lot!

I'll miss writing this fic, BUT I am already working on the next one. It's called "The Art of Reconnecting", and is a Sirius x Reader fic, so please check it out! Contrary to this fic, "The Art of Reconnecting" will be a fast-paced fic with about 10 parts (if I stick to my plans lol).

I recently started a Tumblr where I write character x reader one-shots, so please, don't be shy to request a Remus x reader fic if you want more like this! It would also help me get my Tumblr page going:) It's called gryffinclaw-imagines.

Xoxo, Septima