December 20th 1976

The snow was falling rapidly, and the cold wind kept blowing in your face. Though it didn't really matter to you. You were having a great time in Hogsmeade, buying presents for everyone. You'd bought a necklace for Lily, a pair of cozy socks for Peter, and a bunch of items from Zonko's for Sirius and James. You'd also bought a card and some chocolate for your mum & dad at home.

All you needed now, was a book for Remus.

"You guys go ahead, I need to get one more thing at Mrs. Willowby's Bookshoppe." You excused yourself. "I'll meet you at The Three Broomsticks, okay?"

"Oh I'll go with you!" Remus chimed up. "I need to get something there too..." Great... The one person you didn't want to come, is coming with you.

Just lovely...

"Sure Rem," You somehow managed to not sound annoyed. "Let's go, then."

***

The warmth hit you right in the face, as soon as you stepped into the shop. It was nice. "So, get what we need to get and meet at the register?" You asked, desperate to get away from him. "Uh, sure..." Remus answered, lifting an eyebrow.

"Great!"

And with that, you left him standing confused by the door.

You were looking through the shelves for one specific book. A muggle book, to be exact. You were able to breathe out relieved as they had one copy of the book left. Thank Merlin. You delicately took the book from the shelf.

To Kill a Mockingbird

You'd spent hours researching what it was about and whether or not Remus would like it. You certainly hoped so. It was hard to find this kind of stuff in the wizarding world, and you would even bet your wand that it was going to be very expensive.

Expensive, but worth it.

Keeping an eye on Remus in the other end of the shop, you tip-toed your way to the cash register. "That'll be 8 galleons and 11 knuts", the lady at the register smiled warmly at you. "Here you go." You smiled back, handing her the money.

She put the book in a little paper bag, handing it back to you. "Thank you Mrs. Willowby." You gratefully took the bag, and walked over to Remus.

"Ready to go?"

"Gah!" He yelled out. "N/n! You gave me a fright!" This made you laugh. "Sorry Remus..."

"I'll be out in a second okay? You go ahead." You nodded before exciting the bookshop.

December 24th 1976

"Merry Christmas!!!!"
It was exactly midnight, and you were all sitting in the common room. The fireplace was burning and lighting up the whole room. You had it to yourselves, and it was fantastic. You'd spent the whole night here, doing Christmas karaoke, having meaningful conversations and drinking a bit of firewhisky. Of course, none of you were drunk. It was Christmas Eve, not one of those drink-as-much-as-you-can evenings.

"Now, PRESENTS." Sirius almost demanded, and you all agreed.

After about five minutes or so, you'd all gotten your gifts from your dorm rooms and you were giving them to each other. All at the same time.

You noticed James was giving Lily a set of earrings, just as you were giving Sirius his prank-stuff. "Thanks for the scarf, Sirius." You hugged him shortly, before feeling a tap on your shoulder. "I'm gonna give Peter my gift now, Y/n." Sirius stated, and left you alone with whomever tapped your shoulder.

You turned around to see Remus' golden brown eyes and his warm smile. "Merry Christmas N/n." He handed you a present that was wrapped in beautiful red and gold wrapping paper. On top of it, there was a green bow with a card tied to it. You looked at Remus, and smiled before opening the card.