September 8th 1976

"I'm starting to get worried..." You were sitting in The Great Hall, eating dinner with Lily. "I know!" She replied, eating a small piece of shepherd's pie. "The boys have been gone since midday! I even asked a couple of people who have classes with them, and apparently they didn't attend those either...?" Worried, you could only force yourself to eat a tiny piece of lamb chop. "It isn't like them to skip classes..."Lily sounded just as concerned as you were. "Well... It isn't like Remus to skip classes... and maybe Peter? Oh, you know what I mean..." She sighed.

"I guess they'll come back? They're probably just out there causing trouble... right?" You shrugged, deciding to believe that they probably hadn't run off. "Can we please address how Severus has been staring at you all week, instead?" Lily chuckled quietly at your comment.

***

"Mornin'", James sat down beside you in The Great Hall, Sirius and Peter following right behind him. You didn't even hesitate before putting down your croissant, pointing an accusing finger at his chest and scolding: "Where in the holy hippogriff have you been?! Lily and I were so worried! You left, without telling anyone!" James looked awkwardly at Sirius and Peter (who was already trying to decide what to eat for breakfast). "We weren't gone, per se. We were just... hard to find...?" He sheepishly rubbed his neck, avoiding all eye contact. "Wait..." Lily interrupted. "Where's Remus?"

James sighed... "He's in the hospital wing."

"What did you guys do that landed him there?!" You once again poked your twin hard in the chest. "It was just a..." Peter started, but was interrupted by Sirius: "Prank gone wrong! It was a prank gone wrong." Weirdly enough, he seemed as if he was trying to convince the other boys too. "Definitely." James confirmed. "He got scratched by a fanged frisbee."

"Well, we should go see him before class starts." You stated, starting to get up. "You go ahead, we'll stay here and eat some breakfast." Peter mumbled, mouth full of toast.

"Fine. But I am still mad at you, James!" You said coolly before leaving The Great Hall with Lily.

***

"I can't believe that one of their pranks got Remus hurt." You sighed as the two of you reached the doors to the hospital wing. "I wouldn't be surprised if one of them lands in a cast one day." Lily added, pushing open the big, wooden doors.

And there he was.

At the other end of the wing, in a hospital bed, sleeping. He looked weak. Just as pale and exhausted as back in the summer holidays where you'd heard the door bell and opened the door to let Remus in. Weird.

"Remus?" You sat down on a chair that was placed next to the bed, Lily right behind you. Now that you'd gotten a closer look at him, you could see where the frisbee had scratched him in the arm. It was bandaged, but there was a giant blood stain giving you the impression that it was a deep cut. Not just a scratch.

The sandy-haired boy slowly opened up his eyes. "N/n? Lily?" He seemed hazy at first, but suddenly he looked very shocked to see you. "How did you know I was here?!" His eyes were wide with terror. "Relax, Rem." Lily gave him a calming smile. "James told us what happened."
At that, it looked like he was close to a heart attack. "He did WHAT?!"

"James told us that you got scratched by a fanged frisbee." You responded, trying to calm him down. "He didn't tell us why though, and that wound you've got?" You gestured at his arm. "Looks way too deep to just be because of a fanged frisbee..." You gave him a skeptical look.

"N-no, it was- definitely - a fanged frisbee." He looked very flustered all of a sudden. "You have no idea how hard one could throw one of those." He tried to let out a laugh but it was obvious that he was hiding something.

"Listen," Lily leaned forward. "I don't believe that a fanged frisbee could've done that. However, let me just warn you, okay? If a prank can hurt you like that, you definitely shouldn't do it. Okay?"

You smirked to yourself. Classic Lily, cutting right to the chase, and managing to sound amazingly strict. But in this situation, it was exactly how she should say it.

"Goodness Remus, you're meant to be the smart one!" You added with a chuckle.

"I am the smart one. I manage to do pranks too, but without getting caught. Don't tell me that James, Sirius or Peter can manage that." He looked at you, a small, weak, smile on his lips.

You sighed. "We should probably get ready for classes now." Lily stated.

"Yup." You added, getting up from your chair. "We'll come back later, though." You smiled before hastily following Lily to your dorm to get ready for transfiguration.

***