October 8th 1976

"They've completely gone missing again Lily!" You rushed towards her in the common room. "Relax Y/n." The redhead didn't look worried at all. "They do this all the time. You know that!" She gave you a tiny reassuring smile. The marauders had been gone since midday and no one knew where they were. By now it was old news, of course, that the marauders disappeared all the time.

***

October 14th 1976

"Long time no see. I was beginning to worry you wouldn't come.." You gave Remus a sarcastic smile as he came closer to the common room entrance. "Sorry N/n..." He grinned sheepishly, and when he got up to you, you saw how he looked. "WHAT HAPPENED?" You exclaimed, worried. His right arm was in a cast and he looked pretty tired. That was why you hadn't seen him all week. He'd been in the hospital wing.

"Ready for our prefect round?" He simply ignored your question and started walking. "Seriously Remus." You caught up to him. "What happened?" The boy sighed and began explaining. "Fine... It was just a prank gone wrong."

"Oh... So that's why Sirius, Peter and James wouldn't tell me where you were? Because it's their fault?" You asked as the two of you patrolled the halls.

"Eh..." Remus looked all guilty. "It was my own fault, really."

"Oh... Get well soon?" You couldn't help but chuckle a bit. It was weird to say that when Remus had already been treated for the injury.

"Thanks Y/n." He laughed, and you continued talking till your shift was over.

***

October 31st 1976

"...a splendid evening." Professor Dumbledore was in the middle of giving a short speech to start off the Halloween Feast. You were sat at the Gryffindor table, squashed in between Sirius and James with Peter, Remus and Lily, opposite of you. "...and may you all have a wonderful Halloween." The wizard finished with a small wave, and as a result, the lights went out and you were all sat in darkness for a few seconds before the lights turned on again, this time by carved out pumpkins instead of candles.

The food had appeared on the tables, and Peter had already helped himself to three turkey legs and one small shepherd's pie. "So, what're you guys going to be dressed as for our house Halloween party this year?" You asked, taking a bite of your baked potato. "Ooooh no!" Sirius belted out, almost making James choke on his soup from laughter. "It's a masterpiece this year, so we're not telling!" "You'll have to wait and see." Peter added, a huge smile on his lips.

"Oh come on!" Lily pushed. "We already told you that we're going as a mermaid and a sailor!" "That's just too bad!" James smirked. "'Cause we're not telling." "How unfair!" You joked, turning to Remus. "Please tell us?"

He only shook his head, chuckling a bit. "They made me swear not to tell."

"Aww." You laughed which prompted Lily to drop her investigation and laugh as well. "Merlin, now I'm all curious!"

***

The music was playing all kinds of wizard songs, when you and Lily walked down the stairs from the girls' dormitory, to the party. Lily was wearing a marine blue skirt, a jacket with golden buttons, and a hat and scarf to match, while you were wearing a long, green, skirt and an orange strapless top. You were also wearing a cute, orange, felted flower in your hair. "Do you see the marauders?" Lily asked, as soon as you'd reached the common room. "No..." You answered, a tint of disappointment in your voice. You were really excited to see their genius costumes.

"There they are!" Lily pointed to the other side of the room, at the boys who were standing by the punch-bowl. The two of you made your way over, through the full dance floor, and when you arrived, you finally recognized their costumes. You let out a laugh. They really were genius!

Sirius struck a dramatic pose with the back of his hand to his forehead, as soon as he saw you looking at him. He was wearing a long green robe with a black turtleneck underneath (and definitely pulling it off). With his oval glasses and black witch's hat, it was obvious that he was portraying Professor McGonagall.

James immediately made a sour face and put his hand on his back, laying all of his weight onto a very short cane. He was, creative as usual, wearing the top of a mop on his head, a weird, beige, bowl covering the knot making it look like he had a bald spot. His cane and dusty jacket made it clear that he was supposed to be Filch. He even got his hands on a plush cat!

Peter put both his hands on his hips and stuck out his stomach to show off his costume. He was wearing a big, black, beard and wig, and a brown shirt with several pillows stuck underneath. He was holding up a lantern, and his nose was a little bit red too! You smiled as you recognized him to be Hagrid.

And lastly, Peter wasn't the only one with a beard. Remus was wearing a long, white beard that went all the way to his knees. A matching wig and a purple robe. He also wore a purple hat and half-moon glasses to make sure he looked like your favourite headmaster, Professor Dumbledore.

"Merlin's beard!" You exclaimed. "You guys have already won the costume contest!" James smirked confidently. "We know." He joked, which prompted everyone to laugh. "Do you girls want some punch?" Sirius offered. "Some girl from seventh year made it." You nodded as an answer, and Sirius immediately poured you a glass of the alcoholic beverage.

"Now let's get this party started!!! WOOOOOOOHOOOO!" James yelled out before getting a bottle of firewhisky for you all to share.

***
The music had gotten louder and louder as the party proceeded, and people's costumes had been loosened up as the alcohol was beginning to run dry.

You'd been dancing with Lily, James and Remus, as James suddenly rushed out (you presumed it was to throw up), with Lily following after him (her being the least drunk out of the four of you). Sirius had passed out a long time ago. About right after he'd danced on a table. Peter had mysteriously disappeared, but no one really seemed to notice.

"D- D'you wanna sit down?" Remus asked drunkenly, to which you simply nodded as a response. You couldn't quite comprehend to give him a proper answer, as everything seemed a tad blurry for you. The two of you stumbled over to a red couch in the corner of the room, and sat down.

"You know- You know what, Rem? - Moony?" You slurred, a big smile on your lips. "I like you. You're a super-- duper-- friend." It made the boy next to you smile shyly. "I like you too. Y/n. About as much as---- as I like chocolate." He had a big grin on his face while looking at you sincerely.

"You know they say drunk words are sober thoughts?" You asked, looking as if you'd solved the biggest mystery of the year. "Wha-?" Remus simply let out, faking being offended. "I- I am not drunk, young lady."

You laughed. "Yes you are!"

"Well then you are too!"

"May- Maybe."

You were sitting in silence for a while, but suddenly you felt the courage to inch closer to him. And so you did.

At first, he looked really flustered and tried to look away. But then, it seemed he finally trusted himself enough to look directly into your eyes.

It was now you realized exactly how gorgeous his big golden-brown eyes were. They were like pools of endless warmth and honey... Okay it was probably the alcohol speaking, but it didn't matter 'cause you just couldn't look away.

Then, you felt Remus' soft lips on yours.