September 25th 1976

You woke up with an immediate happy look, plastered on your face. Today was Saturday, therefore, the first Hogsmeade weekend of the school year! You looked at the alarm clock on your nightstand. 8 AM. You were allowed to go to Hogsmeade at 10 AM, so you decided to wake up Lily to get breakfast early, in order to be ready at 10 o'clock.

"Lily?" You spoke softly into the air, still in bed. "Lils?" You got up from your bed and tiptoed to the bed next to yours. It was very messy. Lily was, and had always been, an unruly sleeper. You tapped the redhead lightly on her shoulder. "Lils? Get up. It's Saturday!" You tried to yell as quietly as possible, while shaking her shoulder gently.

"Wha--?" Lily opened her eyes, confused at first. "Y/n?"

"It's Hogsmeade weekend Lils." You whispered excitedly. "We have to get breakfast early, now come on!" Lily's face lit up as soon as she heard you mention the word 'Hogsmeade'.

***
"Finally you guys are here!" Sirius exclaimed as soon as the two of you had sat down at the almost empty Gryffindor table. Breakfast had been served, and it looked absolutely delicious. You'd noticed that James was eating a stack of pancakes with syrup, and it made your stomach rumble. 

"We were getting worried!" James faked concern with a high-pitched voice, and put the back of his hand to his forehead in a dramatic way, causing Peter to snicker while trying to eat his scrambled eggs. 

"Shut up." You smiled mockingly at your dear, dear brother. 

"So... When we get to Hogsmeade, what do we do?" Lily asked, pouring some cereal into a bowl. "Do you really want to plan out the whole day?" Peter asked, confusion written in his features. "Well there's nothing wrong with being organized." You added, reaching for the last croissant (Peter had probably eaten all the croissants on the plate closest to you). Unfortunately, Remus had gotten the exact same idea, so your hands bumped awkwardly into each other over the croissant. "Oops... sorry..." You said with a slight smile. "No problem. Split it?" He asked, gesturing towards the croissant. 

"Sure." You nodded. To be honest, you just wanted food.

"Anyway," Remus spoke while cutting the croissant in two. "I agree with the girls. It'd be nice to plan at least some of it out. I have some stuff I need to get, too."

"Don't we all?" James joked with a playful smile. "I bet we'll raid Zonko's for prank items!"

And so, the conversation went on with all of you completely forgetting to plan the trip. You ate breakfast till 9:30 AM, before all going to the common room to get ready.

At precisely 10 AM you were all stood outside, in front of the front entrance, ready to go. All except one.

"Where's Sirius?" Lily asked. She was wearing a woolen jacket and brown earmuffs, much resembling the ones from herbology. "His awful mother didn't sign his permission slip, so he'll have to... get there in another way, avoiding the teachers." James said from beside Lily. "Don't worry, we'll meet him at Honeydukes!" With that positive remark, James strode forward with Lily and Peter, talking and laughing. You decided to fall back and walk with Remus instead. He was reading a book, but put it back into his bag when he saw you coming closer.

"So..." You said, rubbing your hands to warm up your mittens. "What d'ya need to get?" The boy looked confused. "Huh?" His brows scrunched up. "Back in The Great Hall." You continued, looking at him. "You said you had some stuff you needed to get." It somehow amazed you that Remus Lupin, the genius of your year, had forgotten a conversation you'd had just this morning.

"Ooooh..." He said, realizing what you asked him about. "I just need to get some dittany from Madam Puddifoot's for this new potion that's been discovered recently."