November 1st 1976

A/n
Hi! Sorry for taking so long this time, but I hope you like it! Remember to vote and comment to tell me what you think (I love reading them lol)!
Xoxo
Septima
________________________________________________________________________________

You woke up with a killing headache and a black hole whenever you tried to remember last night's events. Did you really party THAT hard?
You put a hand to your head and sighed. It would be absolutely awful for you in class today. How were you ever going to survive this headache?

"Lily?" You silently called out her name in the hopes that she would wake up, but of course she didn't. You would have to get out of bed to be able to wake her up.
So you sighed, yawned, and made you way out of the lovely paradise that was the warmth of your bed.
You rubbed your eyes before tip-toeing over to the bed next to yours.
"Lily?"
You shook her shoulder a little bit, and to your luck, she stirred and opened her eyes.
"...Y/n?" Her voice sounded exhausted, just like yours. "Why did you wake me up? It's only 6 AM! Breakfast starts at 7:30!"
She complained in a hushed voice.
You chuckled lightly.

"Sorry, I couldn't sleep... Mind telling me about last night? I don't remember much..." You sheepishly rubbed the back of your neck. "WHAT?!" Lily exclaimed rather loudly. "You don't remember?"
"No...?"
"Oh Merlin... Let's go down into the common room. I'll tell you... I guess..."
She sighed, and walked out of the room followed closely by you.
What in the world could you have done that was so shocking?

***

The two of you sat down on the couch by the fireplace. It was still dark outside, but the embers from last night's fire in the fireplace lit up the common room with a tiny orange tint. Sirius was still lying on the floor in the corner of the room, but you weren't worried that he'd wake up for at least another hour.

"So what did I do?" You asked, leaning against the armrest of the couch. "Well... How much do you remember?" Lily was looking at you with a serious face, clutching a pillow to her chest.

"Not much to be honest." You thought of last night. "I remember doing shots with Sirius, but nothing more, really..." And that was true. Whenever you tried to recall last night's events, it all became a black hole that seemed to enhance your headache.

"Well you do know how drunk you got, right?" Lily asked, looking as if the answer to that question wasn't obvious.
"Of course I know. Otherwise I'd be able to remember." You said. "Get to the point!" You rushed Lily with a smile on your lips. However, Lily didn't exactly smile back.
"Okay... Remus got very drunk too, and I don't know how, but when I came back with James, the two of you were kissing on a couch..."

It seemed as if everything suddenly became blurry. The headache got worse and you could feel your face turn pale.
"Remus and I kissed? Oh no..." You started to panic slightly. "What- What am I gonna do? What if he remembers? What if... What if I ruined our friendship- what if it gets too awkward?"
Lily put a calming hand on your shoulder. "Relax Y/n." She looked you in the eyes. "You just need to talk to him about it. I'm sure it wasn't planned."
"TALK TO HIM ABOUT IT?" You exclaimed. "HOW COULD I POSSIBLY TALK TO HIM ABOUT IT?! HOW CAN I TELL REMUS ABOUT IT?!"
You were too panicked to even notice Lily trying to shut you up. She shushed you with a hinting look on her face, but you didn't notice until-
"Talk to Remus about what?" Sirius had woken up and was now on his way over to you.
Oh no... you sighed mentally before deciding that you didn't want to lie your way out of this.

"Remus and I kissed last night." You confessed with a guilty look on your face. "You what?" Sirius' face broke into a grin. "That's hilarious!" He laughed loudly now. "Do you- do you realize that both of you kind of cheated on your soulmates?"
"Shut up Sirius!" Lily whispered but you were already panicking even more than before. How could you do that! "I cheated on my soulmate." If possible, your face went even paler which only made Sirius' smile wider.
"Relax Y/n. You don't even know who it is yet."
He gave you a reassuring smile and Lily joined him.
"Yeah. The only thing you should worry about is talking to Remus, and that's not even that big of a deal."
You sighed.
"I can't Lily. Okay? I don't want to ruin our friendship."
"Well if you don't talk to him, I will." She crossed her arms with a serious demeanor.
"It's the right thing to do, N/n." Sirius added.