Chapter Seventeen

❝mutual (pronounced ˈmjuːtʃʊəl or myoo-choo-uh l), adjective
having the same relation each toward the other.
eg. They were mutual friends, and nothing more.❞

"We're home!" said Lilly happily, seeing Hunter's apartment building. He smiled and got out of the taxi with her. They had been discharged from the hospital that day, and now they were going to live together under the same roof. Hunter wasn't sure how this would go, but it would be interesting nonetheless.

"Alright, you've got all your stuff?"

Lilly blinked. "I'm pretty sure all I have anyway is my phone, headphones, lip balm and my purse with our photo."

"Right," he said, sounding awkward. "Sorry."

"It's whatever," said Lilly. "I'll grab some money out of my account, and I'm going shopping with Lexi and Lucky."

His eyes widened. "Lucky?"

"Yeah, she's with Parker now. Didn't you know?"

"No, but that's great!" he said, genuinely happy. "Alright, do you want to go shopping and come back here when you're done?"

"You ask like I have a choice," laughed Lilly. "I'm gonna go to the mall, alright?" She hugged him quickly. "Call me if you need anything."

"I'll be fine," said Hunter.

"But just in case, George and Parker are gonna come over and hang out with you."

"Oh, okay!" said Hunter happily. She rolled her eyes and laughed.

"How on Earth do you always sound so happy?" she asked him.

"It's a combination of things," he said, and she laughed again.

"Alright, I'm off. George and Parker will be here soon, alright?"

"Sweet," he said, hugging her goodbye. "I'll see you later! Buy yourself something nice!"

"Will do, Hunt. Bye!"

"Bye," he echoed, and she walked out of the building, down into the street. A taxi pulled up and she left, while two boys ran up to Hunter's apartment and tackled him.

"Hunter!" yelled Parker. "It's been ages!"

"Hey, man!" said Hunter happily, hugging George and Parker together. "It's awesome to see you!"

"I missed you!" said George. "We brought video games!"

"I don't have a console, though."

Parker blinked. "Dumbass, we brought a console too."

"Right, right."

"Well, first, we can play Mario Kart, then we can do Guitar Heroes, because I know how much you like Guitar Heroes."

"You're the best, Georgie," said Hunter, laughing.

The boys played video games for at least an hour, before the other two got bored of Hunter's over-competitiveness and ended up just sitting around and eating like pigs.

"George, how's Vanderbilt?" asked Hunter. George had gotten into Vanderbilt and was now studying forensic science and criminology. George grinned.

"It's so cool! I learned so much, and I'm really excited. Detective work, here I come!"

"Awesome!" said Hunter. "And Par-"

"I got into Belmont!" he said, like he had been bursting to say it. "I'm doing sound engineering!"

"That's amazing, Parker!" said Hunter. "I'm happy for you!"

"And you're living your dreams too," said George, sighing and leaning back.