Chapter Fifty-Three

❝anniversary (pronounced an-uh-vur-suh-ree or anɪˈvəːs(ə)ri), noun

the celebration of a date, like a marriage❞

"Wakey, wakey, eggs and bakey!" sang Hunter loudly, waking Lilly up with a groan.

"Shut up," she mumbled.

"C'mon, you don't mean that!" he sang. "IT'S TIME TO WAKE UP, WAKE UP, WAKE UP-"

"YOU'RE A DOUCHEBAG!" yelled Lilly, covering her head with the blankets.

"BUT YOU LOVE ME!"

"NO I DON'T, SHUT UP!"

"C'mon, Hunter, leave the poor girl alone, she's pregnant," said one of the band members from somewhere in the bus, and Hunter laughed.

"Alright, fine. Come down when you're ready, we have McMuffins for breakfast." He pulled the blanket down slightly and gave her forehead a kiss.

It was now nearing the end of the Wheels Up tour, and Lilly was going strong, at five months. The baby had been predicted to be born mid-October.

She was still scared, though. Hunter had woken up to her crying more than once, and it hurt him to see her that way. But the antidepressants were working to some effect, even though it wasn't as much of an impact as Hunter was hoping for. Anything stronger would hurt their chances of delivering two healthy baby girls. So Hunter could do nothing, and watched as his wife struggled through every day.

Lilly lay there, and let out a small sigh. Hunter had forgotten their anniversary. She hadn't expected much else, but she wanted him to at least mention it. If she ended up ending everything, then this would be their first and last anniversary.

Stop that, said an angry voice in her head. You're not going to do it.

Sighing, she rolled out of bed and began brushing her teeth, before staring at her bump again.

It had gotten bigger since they had gone for that ultrasound. She left a hand resting there, and couldn't help but worry about how fat she would be after the twins were born.

The bus started moving, and Lilly went into the bedroom, struggling with her favourite dream catcher t-shirt. Finally, she gave up, and wore one of her oversized sweaters, which now fit perfectly. "Thank goodness the bus is airconditioned," she mumbled to herself as she wandered into the kitchen.

"Hey, sweetheart," said Hunter, pecking her on the lips and handing her a McMuffin. She mumbled a thank you and began to eat so fast that she hiccupped. Hunter laughed, getting her a cup of water. "Easy there, tiger. Want something more to eat? We bought extra just in case."

"Yeah, please," she muttered, and Hunter went to the fridge and got out another McMuffin, which he promptly microwaved. She ate it even quicker, if that was possible, and Hunter sat beside her.

"So, what do you want to do today?"

She shrugged. "Didn't think about it."

"Well, we don't have any shows 'til the tenth, it's just travelling and resting."

"Okay."

"Is something wrong, love?"

"No. Nothing's wrong."

He frowned, but didn't ask her to elaborate. "Hey, I gotta go to the pharmacy, come with me?"

"Why do you need to go to the pharmacy?"

"My sleep meds," he said, showing her. "They're finished. And don't you also need antidepressants?"

"Yeah, okay. I'll come."