Chapter Thirty-Eight

❝marriage (pronounced mar-ij or ˈmarɪdʒ
the legally or formally recognized union of a man and a woman (or, in some jurisdictions, two people of the same sex) as partners in a relationship.❞

The big day had finally come.

They had planned and planned for months for this day. Lilly stared at herself in the mirror, wearing her dress.

"Hunter is going to love you," whispered Lexi.

"Bloody hell, Lexi, I'm so nervous."

Lucky smiled. "I'll do your makeup now?"

"Sure. But please don't make me unrecognisable. I want... I want to look like me."

"Of course."

Her eyes were closed as Lucky did her eyeliner, and she heard someone come in through the door. "Oh, Lilly," she heard a woman say. "You look so beautiful."

Her heart fluttered, feeling hopeful as she opened her eyes. But it was Lynette, not who she had hoped for. "Hi, ma'am."

"Nervous?" she asked, and Lilly nodded. "I know, it's a bit scary, isn't it? But it'll be alright, you'll see."

She nodded again, and smiled. "Thank you, ma'am."

"I think it's about time you call me Mama Lyn, darling," she said, and laughed. "Truly, I'd prefer that to ma'am. So formal."

Lilly hugged her. "Thank you, Mama Lyn."

"It's alright, darling."

She adjusted her crystal poncho and saw someone with red hair standing behind her in the mirror. "R-Rose?"

"Ana, I'm so sorry," she whispered, hugging her tightly. "About everything. You're not a coward, you're not-"

"I know," she replied softly, as Rose fought back tears. "It's okay, Rose. I'm so happy you're here."

Rose pulled away and wiped her eyes, smiling. "I heard a couple of weeks ago, George still keeps in touch, so I decided to come along."

"Rose, listen," she said, gripping her shoulders. "I know you didn't know this was going to happen, and that I didn't know you were even planning on coming, but will you be my maid of honour?"

"What? But who was originally your maid of honour?"

"Lexi, but-"

"I really don't want to," finished Lexi. "C'mon Rose, you can do it. You're so pretty, anyway. I'm sure you'll fit into my dress."

Rose shook her head. "Oh, come on you guys, I-"

"Please," said Lilly softly. "For me."

She sighed. "Alright. Just tell me what I need to do," she said, amidst the cheers in the room.

While she was in there, Leo came in. "Lilly, you look beautiful, darling."

"Sir, could... could I ask you something?"

"Of course."

She took a deep breath. "I sent an invitation to my parents, but... I don't think they're coming. I waited and waited, but they haven't RSVP'ed or anything. So... could you give me away at the altar?"

Leo smiled at her. "Of course I will."

<><><><><><><><>

Hunter adjusted his tie and sighed, wringing his hands together anxiously. He was insanely nervous now. Now it had really kicked in- he could really call her his now. No one could take her from him now. She was going to be all his. Of course he was happy, but he was terrified, too. Now he had family to think about- it wasn't like how it used to be, when he could go on tour and not have to worry about what was going on at home. Now he knew he would constantly feel the need to be at home and taking care of Lilly... and maybe their children, too.