Chapter Six

❝kiss (pronounced kɪs or as spelled)
touch or caress with the lips as a sign of love.
eg. He kissed her on the lips.❞

Hunter walked into the new house and sighed. It wasn't half-bad, but he didn't feel whole yet. He went upstairs, where his room was.

He set his guitar bag down and went to explore the house. There was a window which was perfectly in line with the window next door, he noticed. He wondered who stayed in that room. He'd find out soon enough, he thought. But first, he wanted to text Lilly.

Hunter: Hey, petal.

Lilly: hunter! life is shit without you.

Hunter: Glad to hear it. How are you?

Lilly: i just miss you. rose says hi.

Hunter: Tell her I said hi back.

"Hunter? Where are you?"

"Up here, Ma!" he yelled back.

"We have guests, come and say hi!"

Hunter grumbled under his breath, writing a quick text to Lilly.

Hunter: Sorry, Lilly, I think there's a neighbour over or something. I'll talk to you soon.

Lilly: sure thing. bye! <3

Hunter walked downstairs, where he saw an Indian man and woman, and their daughter, who was holding a container of what looked to be food. "Ah, here he is! This is my son, Hunter. Hunter, this is Mr and Mrs Kaur- did I say that right?" asked Lynette.

Mrs Kaur laughed. "It could be much worse, I suppose."

"And their daughter, Laksha."

"I go by Lucky," said Laksha. She really was quite beautiful, Hunter thought, with her jet black hair and dark eyes. She was wearing a touch of makeup, the way Lilly did, and her dark eyeliner suited her long lashes. Her hair was curly, down to the middle of her ribs, and she was a very fine specimen indeed. Hunter had to admit she was good looking. He brushed his hair away from his face and offered her a smile. She gave him a small smile back, looking a little shy.

"Hey, there," he said awkwardly. He was never the best with introductions.

"The Kaur's live just next door," said Leo. "They've made us dinner for tonight, so we can unpack everything tonight, and then we can eat together. How does that sound?"

"We'll be helping you unpack," said Mr Kaur, smiling.

Hunter nodded. They all seemed like nice people. "Thank you for your help," he said politely.

Lucky smiled. "So, you need help unpacking, Hunter?"

"Yes, please," he said. He wasn't in the mood to make conversation with the adults. He may as well make friends with the one person his own age.

They trudged upstairs together, and Hunter took a better look at her. She was thin, but not in an unnatural or weird way. Her hair was swept to the side, and one of her shoulders were exposed from the baggy top she was wearing. Hunter swallowed nervously. "So..."

"You're a newbie. Are you gonna go to the local school?" asked Lucky.

"I graduated yesterday."

"Oh, so you're intelligent enough to finish early! How interesting," said Lucky.

He chuckled, feeling his mouth get dry. What was going on? "My mom's a schoolteacher."

"Yeah, I heard she got a job at the school I go to."