Chapter 175 - Red Desert (2)

Red Desert (2)

4.

[Elven Artifact]

- Quest Rank : Unique

- Quest Level Range : 200

- Quest Content : The Red Elf tribe ostracizes all beings that approaches them.  If you want to be accepted by them, you have to find the Artifact left behind by the Elves.  Please find the Artifact.

- Quest Reward : Grave Keeper's Key.

When he looked at the newly gained Quest Content, his visage froze as it set in a heavy expression.

‘Does Warlord really hate me?  Why does it keep giving me such Quests?’

The Quest Content looked easy at a glance.  He just have to find and return an artifact. 

However, if one was a User of Warlord, one knew how bottomless such a Quest could be.  He clicked his tongue in dismay.  Any Quests related to the Elves made him feel irritated from the start.  If one wanted a relationship with the Elves, then one had to find the tribes.  It wasn't an easy task.

Moreover, it just said find the Elven Artifact. 

It didn't specify which Elven Artifact.  There were no other clues.

‘I would rather kill Anugas....’

At that moment, he thought it would be easier to face a monster like Anugas.  He would rather face a monster where he didn't know the method to kill it.

Of course, this was also a special characteristic of the Main Scenario Quest.  It was the same starting from the first Main Scenario Quest.  In the Corrupted Cout Episode, it hadn't been just about killing strong monsters. 

The stages provided by Warlord had a variety of contents, and one had to finish Quests all across the board.  It required the Users to go through a lot of these contents to progress in the game.  This was to be expected.

However, up until now, the Main Scenario Quest was powered through by brute force.  This was true of Hyrkan, Stormhunters guild, Red Bulls guild and more. 

It was an unnatural and a not so clever method. 

These Users didn't take the time to enjoy the game.

From that perspective, he finally arrived at that point.  A wall had appeared and it couldn't be jumped over by power.

This was why Hyrkan gave up on attempting this Quest early on, and he had contacted Whistling.

‘I didn't want to get him involved if possible...’

He didn't have a favorable view on his current situation.

“Tsk.”

First, it made it seem like he contacted Whistling only when Hyrkan needed him.  He didn't like the optic of it.  How rotten was it to look for a friend only when one needed something?

On the other hand, this was a privilege of being friends.

Even if one ignored such feelings, Whistling was now a member of the Hydra guild.  It wouldn’t  look good to others if Whistling met up with Hyrkan.

No one would welcome the meeting of Whistling and Hyrkan at the best of times.  This meeting would be viewed very unfavorably if it became known.

No one would see it as a meeting between friends.

Hyrkan's current location was the the evidence of his reticence.