Chapter 90 Corrupted Elf (4).

Corrupted Elf (4)

13.

‘I almost died.’

Hyrkan distanced himself from the Cockatrice as the Skeleton Warriors bought some time for him. He thought about what just happened.

He didn't even have to think about it. He was sure the magic thrown by the magician had headed towards him. The accuracy was so spot on that he wanted to give praise to the magician's skill. If he exaggerated his compliment, he wanted to ask why the magician was a pitcher in the MLB. That was how accurate the magic hit its mark.

However, there was a reason why he was able to survive despite the attack.

‘I'm glad I was prepared.’

Preparation.

He had prepared for this situation. He had stacked the expensive candy, expensive gum, and even the pricey Snake Essence! He had kept all three of them in his mouth.

‘Still, my HP went down to around 30%.... If I hadn't invested in the Body Strengthening Skills, I would have died.’

Again, Pelato had underestimated Hyrkan's Stamina. Hyrkan hadn't skimped on the Body Alteration Skills.

There was the 'Skin Sewing' Skill that increased his passive defense, including an increased defense against magic. There was the 'False Heart' Skill that significantly increased his Stamina. Then, there was the 'Boiling Blood' Skill that increase the rate of HP recover and, at the same time, mitigated the HP lost from burns and blood loss.

He saw the true result of his investment into the Body Strengthening Skill Tree. It also helped that he had done his best to gather as many titles as he could. The titles were a big help in gaining a large Stamina Stat.

Anyways, he was alive.

Since he survived, Hyrkan had the right to take over the leadership role.

“Did I tell you before? If you move without my permission, your severed wrists will be the only thing uploaded to my youtube page.”

The 30 users all froze in place at Hyrkan's warning.

“The magician who threw the magic spell at me should especially take my words to heart.”

The magician who had attack Hyrkan was frozen like an ice statue. Pelato's expression also hardened.

‘Is it possible?’

From Pelato's perspective, Hyrkan's words didn't sound so innocent.

'Did he catch on…….’

Pelato was the commander, yet he was keeping his silence. Thus, the other members of the party couldn't act.

Everyone just glanced around and surveyed the situation.

The progress of battle in front of their eyes were ever-changing.

Keee, keee!

The Cockatrice ignored everyone, and it was busy getting rid of the Skeleton Warriors attached to its body.

Its fierce struggle dislodged the Skeleton Warriors from its body. When the Skeleton Warriors were thrown to the ground, it either ruthlessly stepped on the Skeleton Warriors or pecked at them as if it was eating corn from the ground. The beak broke apart the Skeleton Warriors’ skull.

The Skeleton Warriors were pretty adept at dodging its attack. At times, the Skeleton Warriors were able to stab the body of the Cockatrice. However, it would be impossible for the Skeleton Warriors to change the tide of battle all on their own. The number of Skeleton Warriors decreased rapidly. There had been 10 of them, but now there were only four of them left.