Chapter 23: Old Truths And New Lies

*KNOCK**KNOCK*

Y/N, still laying down, looks back and to the left where his door is. He waits for someone to say something, but nothing comes.

Y/N: "*sigh* Who is it?" He could tell by the spiritual pressure that it wasn't Gin. But then again, unless it was a direct order, the Hollows mostly did whatever they pleased so it may be one of them. 'Guess Gin forgot or somethin..'

???: "The Godking of Hueco Mundo, his majesty Lord Barragan, requests your presence." The voice didn't sound too thrilled about his Lord asking for some hybrid Soul Reaper's presence. Y/N raises an eyebrow.

Y/N: *quietly*"What in the world does want with me?.." After his little bout with Nnoitra, several of the Espada introduced themselves to him. The only one's who didn't, were those who weren't there, Harribel and Barragan. Well, except for Stark and Lilynette. He even apologized for not showing up, saying he was taking a nap at the time or something..

Y/N ends up getting up and answering the door. When he does, he looks down a bit to see an Arrancar with what looks like some kind of sabertooth-ish skull on his head.

Y/N: "And you are?.."

???: "Ggio Vega. Now hurry up, I don't wanna keep my Lord waiting." His words were short and had a hint of bitterness in them..

Y/N: "Just what does he want with me anyways?" He seemed as though his guard was up.

Ggio: "How the hell should I know??? Just hurry up and come with me!!" He begins to storm off in a direction that Y/N never really went before. Regardless, he follows the Arrancar.

Y/N: "Fine fine. But if this is some kind of trap, I'm shattering that skull on your head.-"

Ggio: "Tch." Y/N, although Ggio can't see him, shoots a seriously mean look at him..

Y/N: "-Along with the head it's attached to."

.. Ggio doesn't say anything else the rest of the way.....

—Short Timeskip—

After a bit of walking in silence, Y/N finally sees a set of giant double doors. He's pretty surprised, considering these seem even grander than the ones leading to Lord Aizen's throne room..

Ggio: "Well, are you going in or are you just going to keep staring?"

Y/N: *still looking at the doors* "You haven't opened the door yet dumbass." A vein pops up on the Arrancar's head, but he ends up opening the door anyways..

Beyond the doors lays a room quite similar to Lord Aizen's observation room. There's a large wide opening that looks out towards the endless dunes of Wheco Mundo, but the chair at it's center is more like a small throne. There are several powerful looking arrancar standing to the sides of it, but seated on that throne, is none other than the King of all Hollows and the number 2 Espada, Barragan Luisenbarn. Ggio gets down on a knee and lowers his head.

Ggio: "My King, I have brought Y/N Shin to you as you have ordered." The old Hollow's expression remains blank, though he seems to be observing Y/N thoroughly.

Barragan: "Yes. Well done." He looks Y/N in the eyes, "Boy, come closer." Y/N seems to freeze when he speaks, looking at The 2nd Espada with some sort of confusion and shock.. But he ends up walking forward, stoping before the first of 5 steps that led up to the marble white throne.. "I ask you, why are you here?" Y/N looks like he wants to speak, but it's as if something inside of him has him paralyzed..

????: "Our King has spoken to you. It would be wise of you to say something back." The Hollow who spoke has long blond hair. Half of his face was covered with a blank Hollows mask with golden eye frames. It seemed to trace his jawline before reaching his chin, where looked like a small set of Hollow teeth.