Chapter 16-Just In Time...

—Cell Block—

Y/N was being taken down a long hallway with guards lining the walls the whole way down, but Y/N paid them no mind.. His thoughts were still fixated on the discovery of where his family came from.. not to mention what his "Grandfather" did.. It didn't take long to reach the small door leading to the room with his cell in it.

When the door opens, Y/N sees a single large cell with 3 familiar looking figures standing in it. One in particular catches his eye, causing a shocked expression to cross his face.

Y/N: "Chad?!"

The others look over and see Y/N standing in the doorway with the same spiritual energy binding shackles that they have on. They return the outburst with their own.

Chad, Uryū, Ganjū: "Y/N???"

The cell door opens and Y/N enters without putting up a fight. Of course his attention wasn't on the fact that he was in a cell anymore.

Y/N: "I thought you were dead!!"

Chad: "Not quite. The guy I faced decided to spare me for some reason." Y/N's expression beings to turn into a bittersweet smile..

Y/N: ".. Well at least one of you made it out alive..." he turned his eyes down to the floor, he didn't want to see the saddened expression on his friends faces.. He saw Ganjū there, so he figured they knew what happened to Ichigo by now...

Chad: "What do you mean by "one of us"?" Y/N looks up at Chad, a little surprised and confused, then over to Ganjū.

Y/N: "You didn't tell them?"

Ganjū: *raises an eyebrow* "Tell them about what?" Y/N couldn't believe what he was hearing..

Y/N: "Ichigo!! That's what!!! Did you hit your head and forget or something??" Ganjū looked at Y/N like he was the one who got hit in the head...

Ganjū: "Whatdaya mean? Ichigo's fine."

Y/N: "...Huh?.."

He had a comically dumbfounded look on his face.... In an instant, he was grabbing Ganjū by the collar and shaking him like a madman.

Y/N: "He's WHAT?!?!" Chad reached his hands to try and stop Y/N, but then stops himself, deciding it was best not to do that at the moment if he wanted to keep his hand....

Chad: "Uh.. Y/N, if you're not careful you'll kill him.." Y/N stops once he realized Ganjū was going to be too dizzy to answer his questions if he kept this up....

Ganjū: *grabbing his head* "Geez... now I got a friggin migraine.. Hey thanks alot!" He shakes his fist at Y/N

Y/N: "Ganjū,-" Ganjū looks up and see's Y/N's face is mixed between hopefulness and desperation, "-you're not just joking with me, right?." Everyone looks at Y/N with slight concern..

Uryū: 'Just what in the world has he been going through?.. I can't imagine it'd be any easier then what all of us have been dealing with. As a matter of fact, I don't think I've ever seen him like this... He's usually either joking around, or has nerves of steel. But...-'