Chapter 26: Behind The Black Vale...

—Las Noches—

Footsteps echoed as Y/N walked into a dark room with Aizen, Gin and Tōsin already standing in it.  Aizen seemed to be doing something with the Hōgyōku, though Y/N couldn't tell what it was.  As he got closer, he noticed it looked like some sort of humanoid figure was growing inside of a glass casing..

Aizen: "Ah, Y/N.  I'm so glad that you could come.  I was hoping to speak to you before I had finished with my experiment."

Y/N: "Lord Aizen, is there something wrong?"

Aizen: "No.  You've done exactly what I've asked of you since we last spoke.  I was simply going to fulfill part of my end of our agreement,-"

"-and tell you what happened to your parents."

Y/N stiffens up, an anxious and surprised look quickly covers his face.

Y/N: "My.. my parents?...  I-"

Aizen: "-I know.  You've been very patient, even though it was clearly a very important part of our deal.  You must have been frustrated with me."

Y/N: "Lord Aizen....  I-"

Aizen: "-It's alright.  I understand.  And I apologize for neglecting you like that.  But now, I believe I've kept you waiting long enough." Y/N keeps quiet, his gaze now solely focused on Aizen, "The three of us were there the night that it happened, along with Captain Soi Fon, Captain Ukitake, and Captain Komamura."

Y/N: "All of that, just for them?..."

Aizen: "I'm sure Kisuke Urahara already told you, but both of your parents had the strength of a Captain, and were very intelligent.  There was also a possibility that he and Yoruichi Shihōen would try to assist them.  The Soul Society didn't want to take any chances." He continues, "Once we arrived, Captain Soi Fon used her Stealth Force to search every inch of the city they were hiding in, one that was not to far from Karakura Town.  Despite their best efforts to hide themselves, your parents were found in a matter of hours just outside of said city.  Your father tried to engage as many of us as he could, in an attempt to buy your mother some time.  Thanks to the traps and diversions they had been planting for quite some time, he was successful in holding up four Captains for a short while.  Unfortunately for him, Soi Fon and I were able to break through."

Gin: "The rest of us did our best to only injure him, but your father threw everything he had at us and Komamura ended up killing him by mistake.  He never was good at holding back."

Aizen: "As for your mother, I had tried to talk her down, but she wouldn't come willingly.  Her thoughts on the Soul Society were quite similar to mine, and I was hoping to include both of your parents in my plans.  However, Soi Fon became impatient and began using threats to speed things along, verbally forcing your mother into a corner.  When your father's spiritual pressure dropped dramatically, she became panicked, and my words no longer had any effect on her.  She tried to lash out and escape, so Soi Fon used Suzumebachi to kill her before I could stop her.." He seemed to have an almost sincere look of sadness on his face... "Once they were gone, there was no chance of finding you, though I had suspected they already delivered you to your so called "Uncle" by then.  I tried to press the Soul Society into doubling their ongoing search for Kisuke and his counterparts, knowing you would be with him, but all of my proposals were shot down."

Y/N was looking down at the ground, with his fists clenched tight, and his teeth even tighter..  Slowly, his spiritual pressure began to rise, soon getting to the point where the ceiling was beginning to crack and the building was beginning to shake..

Y/N: ".. Why..... Why didn't you stop them?.."

Aizen: "I'm sorry Y/N.  But we could not reveal our hand just yet-" Y/N's eyes immediately dart towards Aizen, the savagely angry nature held within them taking him somewhat by surprise..