Chapter 27: Broken Pasts...

—Top Of Las Noches—

A blue cero wizzes by Y/N's head, scraping his cheek enough to leave a mark.  His eyes were intense as he gritted his teeth, his attention moving back towards Starrk.  He noticed the telltale sign of energy gathering at the center of his chest and quickly sunído's away, only to find that Starrk had already sighted into his new location..  He fires off another cero at Y/N, who just barely gets out of the way in time..  This goes on a little more than half a dozen times in the blink of an eye over and over again, with Y/N unable to close the gap.

Starrk: "Not bad, but unless you can bring out that Hollow of yours in the heat of battle, it's useless." Y/N stops and places his hand onto his chest.

Suddenly, streams of silver, black, and blue begin swirling and gathering at that very same spot..  His hands begin to gradually turn bone white with the tips of his fingers becoming claws, his teeth begin growing sharper, and the white in his eyes begin turning black, though his e/c iris's remained the same color..  With this, the more he changed, the more his spiritual pressure drastically rose..

Both Starrk and Lilynette, who was watching from a distance, looked surprised by his semi-transformation.  But before Starrk could charge up another cero, Y/N lets out a roar that sounded like a mix between his own voice and that of a lesser Hollow..  Not only does this roar send shockwaves through the air that tear small chunks of the roof out and fling them away from Y/N, but as soon as he lets it out his spiritual pressure jumps dramatically, causing a shocked expression to quickly appear on their faces..

He quickly begins firing cero's at Y/N in succession, but this time Y/N is able to sunído fast enough to effectively dodge every attack and begin to close the gap between the two of them...  Before Starrk can fully comprehend what's happening, Y/N appears above/in front of the Primera Espada with his Hollowfied claws bringing themselves down towards him..  Without even realizing it, Starrk reactively blocks Y/N's attack with his blade, finally getting Y/N to stop moving so quickly and be able to get a good look at him.  However, the attack came down harder than Starrk had expected, and it caused him to bend his arm, just barely stopping before Y/N's claws could dig into the Espada's shoulders...

Starrk quickly shoves Y/N back and spin kicks him hard.  Y/N flys back a good distance, but soon catches himself in the air and shoots forward towards the Primera Espada.  Midair, he throws his Zanpakutō towards his target, causing Starrk to deflect it with his own.  Just as he does, Y/N brings down one of his hands in an attempt to slash him.  Starrk Lets go of his own blade and grabs both of Y/N's wrists, as he expected Y/N's next attack to come from there.  Suddenly, Y/N grabs his wrists as well, locking him in place and taking him by surprise..

Y/N opens his mouth and charges up a cero at point blank range and aimed directly at Starrks face..  But before Y/N could fire anything off, Starrk pulls back, extending his arms fully until Y/N's grip stopped him from getting any further away.  He then leaned back and kicked Y/N square in the chin, causing his head to shoot up and his cero to fire off away from them..

Y/N then yanks Starrk in close and headbutts him hard.  He then rips his right arm from the grip of a slightly dazed Starrk, grabs his right arm with both of his hands, swings him around, and tosses him away and towards the ground.  He crashes down hard on the rooftop of the gargantuan fortress, kicking up dust and obscuring Y/N's vision..  Suddenly, Y/N's eyes rapidly open wide and dart towards where Lilynette was standing, only to find she was no longer there...

Then, a ridiculous amount of spiritual pressure comes crashing down on Y/N, who looks up and behind him....  There he finds Starrk, with two guns, a sort of eyepatch on his left eye, and what seemed like grey fur now appearing on different parts of his attire..