Chapter 44 - Just the both of Us

Juanita's POV

Weeks run by, Kharo was suspended for a week, since exams were near, they couldn't have her suspended for too long.
My mother has been so busy with the court sessions, Cassandra has been
Cassandra.
And my Father isn't back yet, the house feels so lonely without him.
I sometimes invite Sophia over. Kharo always turns me down, since according to her, she doesn't want to kill anyone yet as coming to my place would mean meeting Cassandra and meeting Cassandra would lead to arguments, from arguments to fight and I don't even want to know what would happen after that, so in order to avoid all these, she had to reject my offer.

Daniel and I have been getting along, fixing our friendship and all. It feels like everything is falling back in place.

Brenda's POV

I was about walking out only to meet with the devil himself.
The stupid smug look on his face makes me want to strangle him.

"Brenda. I had expected more from you. Such a shame. I told you not to mess with me, didn't I? You had a weak case. I didn't even have to bother"

"You know, I'm not finished with you yet."

"Oh really? I'll be expecting to hear more from you, wife."

"You imbecile. You'll pay for what you did. I promise you that" my voice drops to a dangerous whisper.

I shove him out of my way before walking into my car.

These past weeks, The media has been all over my matter.

'Brenda Lawal, British-Nigerian Actress,and model, sues husband for domestic violence'

'Brenda Lawal opens up about the biological father of her only child'

'Brenda Lawal's Marriage, set to crumble'

'Brenda Lawal reveals English Billionaire, Hudson Beecroft as the father of her child '

Brenda this, Brenda that.
It's either I'm in an interview, or in court.
Tunde might have won this case, but I'm not done with him yet, I still have so much in store for him.

He must pay for what he did to my daughter and if he's not brought to justice, then I'll take matters into my own hands.

My ringtone pulls me out of my reverie.

"Hello"

"How was it?"

I sigh heavily.

"Don't tell me..."

"I don't know. Everything got tangled up, the story was twisted around, he made it seem like I was having a mental breakdown, so he was trying to keep me in check. The bastard even hired a doctor to act like the drugs were prescribed. Gosh! He thinks he has the upper hand in everything. I hate him! I hate him so much-"

"Brenda, Brenda calm down"

"I already served him the divorce papers. I'm so going to make him regret everything he's done-"

"Jeez! Brenda, honey, please calm down okay? Everything would be fine"

I take in a deep breath.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry Hudson. I shouldn't be bothering with my problems, It's just-"

"Brenda, you don't have to feel sorry for voicing out your feelings. You need to let it all out and I'll always be there to listen, even if it's about a small issue, I'll still listen, so no need to feel sorry. Okay"

"Okay daddy" I giggle and I hear him chuckle from the other end.

"Don't beat yourself up okay? Just be calm. Tunde or whatever name he's called will get what's coming to him."