Chapter 24 - Conversations

Cassandra's POV

"Just a minute! You mean, you'll be staying here for a couple of weeks?" I ask, staring at my dad in surprise.

"Mm-Hm" he nods, while taking a sip of his French wine.

"But why? Not that I'm complaining though. I really missed you but what changed your mind?"

"I missed you and I want to spend quality time with you. I don't want us to drift apart" he smiles.

"Really Dad?" I beam and he nods in reply. "Thank you so much daddy! I love you, I love you!" I squeal, while placing kisses on his bearded cheeks.
His deep chuckle fills the room.

"I love you too honey" he replies, while kissing my forehead.

Hudson's POV

I stand in my room, staring at the small plastic pack in my hand that contains the answer to my question, that will clear every doubt I have.
If Brenda thinks she's smart, I'm smarter. It was obvious she was hiding something. What she doesn't know is that I could get a strand of her daughter's hair.
If truly she's my child, I will not let Brenda keep my child from me.
I have a very strong feeling that she is mine, she has most of my features.

Her nose, her dimpled smile, her hair...
The moment her grey eyes met mine, I felt a very strong connection and it felt like I was talking to my daughter.
For goodness sake she's biracial, although she looks older than sixteen, but Brenda and I were in a relationship all those years ago.

This DNA test will give me the answer to my question and it will be a solid proof .

Juanita's POV

I stare at the handkerchief he gave me.
He might be my father. I can feel it.
I inhale the clothe deeply, taking in the scent which was still there, but was slowly diminishing. I refused to wash it, ever since he gave it to me.
This is the only item I have of him, my supposed father.

"Hello Ani!" Flinching, I look up only to see the last person I want to see right now, Patrick.

"Haven't I told you never told call me that?" I glare at him

"Wow! Chilax I just want to check up on you" he smiles.

I ignore him, as I carefully put the piece of clothe back into my bag.

"What's that?" He asks.

"None of your business" I curtly reply.

"Ani! Please don't be like that. Talk to me"

Silence.

"Can't you take the hint?! I don't like you! Boy, Bye!" I yell.
He flinches a little but doesn't move an inch.

"I understand what you are trying to do. You are suppressing your feelings for me-"

"Yeah, you're right" I reply. Excitement bubbles in his eyes.

"Really? You have feelings for me?" He grins and I roll my eyes.

Such a dimwit

"You really want to know what I feel for you?" I ask and he nods in anticipation.

"It wasn't clear to me before, but it's clear to me now Patrick.I feel bad for you because you're so oblivious to the fact that each and everyday, you make a fool out of yourself. That's the only feeling I have towards you" Patrick's smile drops, just then I hear a high pitched voice.

"Aww!  Juanita, is that your boyfriend?" The stupid voice I'm slowly beginning to despise says.

"Are you both having a good time?" She asks, a smile on her lips.