Chapter 10 - A meeting with the Parents II

"So you were being bullied in school and didn't think it was important to tell me?" My mum had been complaining ever since I arrived home.

"Even if I had told you, what would you have done? No...come to think of it, we never even have a mother and daughter talk. You are always busy"
I followed her to the backyard.

"What do you mean 'what would I have done?' I will teach that worthless girl a lesson. I'll teach her never to mess with me! Who does she think she is? and that old wrinkly mother of hers better mind the way she talks to me. Does she know who I am?"
I rolled my eyes.

"Look Anita, we may not spend much time together, but I love you." I raised an eyebrow

'Really?'

"I know you may not believe me, but believe me I do. Although I don't always say it, but I do. I can go any extent for you my child. I will not let anyone hurt you"
This was the first time I was hearing this from my mother

She loves me
She actually loves me

I smiled."I love you too mum"

Just when I was expecting a hug, to finish the moment, she changed the topic and brought out her iPad.
"My friend Halima invited us to a day out. She offered to give us spa treatment. You know, it's been long since I had a massage. It's on Saturday, so get ready." She said comfortable on the chair and took a sip from her drink.

"Okay, sure Mum" I said and walked out.

.....

I layed on my bed, chatting with Sophia and Daniel.

Sophia
So tell us, what happened with your mum.

Daniel
I heard people talking about it, they said they heard Florence's mum yelling and Justina is in the hospital

Me
Well, my mum got very mad after watching the footage, so she started  spitting some hurtful words at Florence, her mum couldn't take it, so she had to yell. My mother also called Florence a brat and whore😁
That made Florence's mum super mad.

Sophia
Of course she's a whore!

Daniel
Don't tell me they started Arguing in the principal's office?

Me
Yes they did.
They were exchanging words. It was a heated argument. Florence couldn't even talk!

Daniel
Wow😱
What's this I hear about Florence and Mr Tony? So the guy couldn't take his eyes off her huh?

Me
Yes, they're having an affair.

Sophia
That girl  is in big shit!!

Daniel
I swear.

Me
Can't wait to see what will happen to them.

Sophia
Me too

Daniel
This would be interesting

.....

Two days later, the principal called for the second meeting.
For the first time in weeks, I was able to walk freely to class. No bullies around.

"Sophia" I hug my best friend.
"Hm, you look...happy today" she smiled at me, after breaking the hug.
"I am happy"

"So tell me, what happened?"