Chapter 18 - The Secret Box

The week pass in a blur. This is the second week alone in the house with the beast.
I am currently in my room, doing one of my assignments not that I understand anyway.
I keep trying to search it out on Google, but google seems to have everything except answers to assignments.

Few minutes later a thought struck me again.
Who is my biological father and why did mum get angry when I mentioned him.
I need to find out
I have to.

"May I come in?" I look up and smile at my Nanny

"Of course Nanny"
She quietly walks in, closing the door behind her

"What are you doing?" She asks, taking a seat on my bed, beside me.

"My assignments, it's a little stressful but it's nothing I can't handle.

"That my girl" Nanny pats my back and I smile.

"Nanny, do you know when m-my dad will be back?"
I almost puke in my mouth by calling that man "my dad"
I didn't want Nanny to suspect anything so I had to try and act normal.

"He didn't tell you? He's gone on a business trip"

"Oh! Okay" I nod.

"Alright child, I'll leave you to your work." She said as she stood up to leave.

"Okay Nanny"

"Call me if you need anything"

"Sure"

So, turns out my mother's husband has also gone on a little trip. This means I have the house to myself and I have to be smart and act quickly.
I need to find out if she's keeping a secret from me.
I quietly exit my room and walk towards the room my mom shares with her husband.

I quietly get in, looking around the room.

Why isn't it locked? Such a careless mistake.

Where should I check?

The wardrobe?

Yes, the wardrobe. I walk into my mum's dress room, searching the wardrobes.
I search each and every wardrobe in the room. As I was about giving up, my hand collided with something hard on the drawers of one of her wardrobes. I quickly spread my hand to feel it only to find out it's a box. I then pull it out, careful so I don't make any noise.
Once it was out and I could see it properly, I realized it needed a code in order to unlock the box.

What could be inside and what could be the pass code to open this box.

1999?
It does not open
Which other year is important to her except from my birth year?

I try her birth year, but it still does not open. I can't stay here and keep trying, I need to get this box to someone who can help me open it.
So, I call Kharo and Sophia, no need calling Daniel, he might be busy with his girlfriend.

"So what's this so called urgent matter?" Kharo asks as she walks into my room.

"There's this old box of mine where I usually kept important stuff, it's been a long time since I last used it, so I'm beginning to forget the pass code." I lie to them. If this is my Mum's secret, then I would not want anyone but me to know about it.

"Okay, so?" Sophia asks as I bring out the dusty box from under my bed.

"This box is giving me horror movie vibes here. Are you sure we're safe?" Sophia asks

"Do you guys know anyone who can do such things? Like manipulate the box to open?"

"Look no further. Kharo is here to save the day" she grins while mischievously rubbing her palms.