Chapter 9 - A meeting with the Parents I

Two long hours later, Daniel and Sophia had been bugging me about the fight, when a teacher informed me the principal had sent for me.

Who could have come for me?
Mum? Or her husband? Or Both?

I walked to the principal's office. I knocked, then entered and there sat my mother, in her white straight gown and white heels, seated fashionably on the chair.

"There you are" she frowned. I looked to my right and Florence's Parents we're there.
"What did you do this time?" My mum asked, just then, Florence walked in.
"She was in a fight" She replied my mom.

"Florence no one asked you" Mrs Dorris said.

"Whatever" Florence huffed, as she crossed her arms

"Good day Mrs Lawal, Mr and Mrs Olatunji" Mrs Dorris greeted as she adjusted on her seat. "I called you all here today, because of a scene that had happened earlier today, in the morning precisely. Miss Lawal and Miss Olatunji engaged in a heated fight." My dramatic mum gasped and narrowed her eyes at me.
"Yes, and I am really disappointed by this act. I have heard their sides of the story already, and I will want you guys to do the same. Here's what they had said" the principal brought out a recorder and played what we had earlier explained. After listening to it, my mother looked at me. She didn't say anything.

"Florence this is unbelievable! So you've been bullying people in school too?" Florence's dad scolded her.

Too?
So It's not only in school she bullies people?

"Calm down dear, calm down" the mother tried to calm him down and he sat down and directed his gaze to the principal, waiting for her next words

"As you've already heard the recorder, those were their exact words. Do you girls have anything to add?" She looked at Florence, then me. We shook our heads. "Okay. Now we don't even know who's saying the truth and who's lying. But from what I've heard, if Florence has been a bully, she will be punished and if Juanita is the cause of Justina's condition, she will be punished also. So Parents, I would really appreciate it if you guys could come with me to control room. Let's see exactly what happened" My heart skipped a bit.
If they watch the video, they will see I am the cause of Tina's condition.

But they will also see it was an act of self-defense.
My inner voice explained.

"But Ma, do we really need to--" Florence started to panic

"Yes we do" The principal stood from her seat.

"Please come with me parents" she said as she walked out the door

.....

It took us fifteen minutes, to finish the video. Finally, they saw how I was being bullied. The whole room was quiet.
"Juanita?" Mrs Dorris called me.

"Yes ma"

"You said you have constantly been bullied by Florence, Justina and... Who's the last one?"

"Tamara, but--"

"Can you recall the day you claimed you were humiliated at the cafeteria?"

"Yes ma, last week Thursday ma" I replied

"Good. Mr Ayo?" She called the guy in the control room.

"Ma?"

"Take it back to 16th May" she said.
It was taken back to that day, how I arrived at school, how the three girls forced me to go with them, making me miss classes, how I was tortured and all.
Mr Ayo was replaying the footage, when something caught our eyes. It looked like two people, engaging in.... sexual activities.