Chapter 21 - Mysterious girl

One of the girl, whose name I've come to know is Kharo, explains everything thing to me, leaving nothing out.

So that good for nothing principal punished my daughter, while siding with some other girl, whose name is Cassandra.

Who the hell is that girl even?

I don't even punish Juanita that way. That principal has no right whatsoever, to punish my child.

"Oh Mrs Lawal, I'm so sorry I had to leave like that. It was an emergency"
The principal walks in, laughing nervously.

"What did you do to my daughter?" I crossed my arms.

"Eh? What do you mean?" She asks nervously.

"Why is she in this condition?" I add.

"She was being punished for her bad behavior"

"What bad behavior? I don't remember Juanita having a bad behavior"

"Er....well she insulted another student's parent."

"And?" I tilt my head.

"I gave her a little punishment"

"Which was?"

"Uh....well, I didn't want to punish her, I had asked her to apologize to the student, but she refused so I had to punish her by asking her and her friend to frog-jump accross the field"

"How dare you!" I slap her across the cheek. I didn't mean to hit her, but I just couldn't comport myself anymore

She glowers at me, desperately holding back herself, she turned to the students.

"Get out of here! Now!"
Without hesitation, they both walk out and she focuses her glare back at me.

"What now?" I raise my brows, while tilting my head. "You're going to punish me too?" I ask

She stays silent, for a moment, just glaring at me, before she shakes her head in defeat.
Good.

"No. I won't" she replies. "I can't do that. Although I desperately want to slap you so hard on the face, I won't, I know you're a trouble maker, so I won't"

"Good" I grab her arm, reducing the volume of my voice to a threatening tone. "Just one wrong move and you will lose your job!"

She angrily pulls her arm from my grasp. "Let go! Just because you're influential, doesn't mean I would let you misbehave with me! I'm not a child!" She yells.

"Oh? You even have the nerve to talk back?--"

"Mummy?" Juanita calls. I quickly turn around and stand by her side, caressing her hair. Our noise must have woken her up.

"My dear, are you okay? How're you feeling?"

"I'm feeling better. What's going on?" She squints her eyes, questioningly.

"Nothing dear, I was just having a little chitchat with your principal" I smile.

~~~~~~~~~

After closing the door of my car, after Juanita got in, I walk over to my side of the car, only to be stopped by the principal.

"Mrs Lawal, can I have a word with you?" She asks.

"Yes?" I walk towards her, away from the car.

She takes in a deap breath
"I just wanted to apologize. I know punishing Juanita like that was wrong."

"It's good you're back to your senses." I look down at my wristwatch, impatiently.  "Is that all?"

"No...ehm I just wanted to know if we're okay. I don't want to lose my job because of a little disagreement"