23

We waited at the crowded Transit bus stop. I looked around for familiar faces when I saw one, Tyler. Andie went to go find the bathroom so I slipped away to go talk to him.

"Tyler! Don't run away, can we talk?" I grabbed his arm and pulled him to a bench. "There's nothing to talk about." He said, looking away. "Yes there is. Listen." He joined eye contact once again. "I'm sorry! You know it wasn't my choice to hide it from you. I'm a spy! I was forced to fake it. I wasn't faking it with you Tyler. I like you, for real." I held both his hands and looked him in the eye.

My eyes asked for apology but my heart begged for it. He studied my eyes to see if it was real. It was like he was trying to read all my secrets. His big brown eyes staring into mine. And of corse to ruin the perfect moment I have to yell, "Oh, just kiss me already!!!" But he didn't laugh or seem creeped out. He obeyed orders.

The kiss felt real. It felt like that feeling when you wish it would last forever. It felt real, not like the one with Kyle. It felt like, love.

Tyler and I began searching for Andie. We checked the bathrooms and everything. We couldn't find her anywhere. We finally gave up and sat on the bench again.

"Tyler?" I looked into his brown eyes and grabbed his hand. "Mhmm?" He turned to me. "How come everyone is skipping school today?" "We'll it's Chelsea's birthday. Instead of a party, her dad rents out the school for the day. Everyone has to do whatever Chelsea says, and if we don't we get detention." he broke eye contact and kept scavenging for Andie.

Hours passed. It was already 2:00. School was almost out. I was freaking out. What would I tell her dad? Would we have to call the police? I don't know what to do!

Tyler walked me to Andies house.
I took a long sigh. "It's gonna be okay, she's probably already in there." He rubbed the sides of my arms. "Wait a minute Mister!" I said and pulled his hands off my arms. "What did I do this time?" He pouted. "We aren't officially going out yet. You need to formally ask me." I crossed my arms. "Skylit Green, would you go on a date with me?" He held my hands in his. "I would love to." I gave him a kiss on the cheek and walked up to the door.

We waved goodbye. My hand trembled as I opened the door. I walked in and her family was on the couch. "Hey Sara, how was school?" Her father asked as he removed the kid from his lap and got up. Oh no, the question I've been dreading. At least he didn't ask- "Where's Andie?" And there we go.

Oh no, I'm screwed.

"Umm, Andie stayed after school. I have a lot of homework, I'll go upstairs and finish it." I ran up the stairs not giving him any time to reply. I got to the guest room and took out my phone.
I called Andie and heard it echo. "Andie?" I said and walked down the hall. I heard her come through the door. "Thanks for leaving me!" She shouted at me and hung up the phone. "Andie, I can explain!" I yelled and chased her back up the stairs.

We got up to her room. "Explain what? That you randomly leave me at a public bus station alone?!?! What kind of friend are you?" She spat and sat on her bed. "What kind of friend am I? The kind who searches for you for 4 hours." I argued back.

I saw Andies eyes dart toward the door. My eyes followed to see her father. "Ladies! What is going on?" He tapped his foot. "Nothing." she wiped the tears from her cheek. "It doesn't look or sound like nothing." he sat on the bed and rubbed her back. "It's just-" Andie began but was soon cut off my a squealing little sister. "I'll be right back." he got up and started toward the door. "This is what I mean!" Andie yelled.

I stayed quiet and politely sat on her bed. "What are you going on about this time Andesite?" He put his hand on his head. "You always leave!" She screamed so loud the room shook. "I have to be there for your siblings!" His tone began to rise. "We'll when are you going to be there for me?!" she asked rhetorically and left the room. I got up and followed her out the door, leaving her baffled father alone.

I chased Andie out the door and into the street. "Andie stop!" I grabbed her arm. She shook off my arm and kept walking. "Leave me alone!" "That's the thing, your already alone. That's what we both have in common. Were both completely alone, nothing else matters. But that's also why were friends." I said as she turned back to me.

We were now a few blocks away from her house in the dark. We stood there for about 5 minutes after my speech. "Why do you keep trying to be friends with me?" She finally said. "You say I'm the one running, but all this time it's been you." I didn't answer her question but I stated my argument. She just gave me a small smile. "Then let's not run." she swung her arm over my shoulder and we walked back to her house in the dark chilly air.