25

*thanks for sticking with my book this long, enjoy the last chapter*
----------------------------------------------

Spring break was among us.

I skipped down the stairs and into the living room to see Andies sister Amy. "Well aren't you a joy this morning." her sister rudely said and turned her attention back to her magazine.
I swear, that girl needs some lessons on how to be nice.

"Hey Andie, want to go to the skatepark?" I asked her while she took a bite of an apple. "Are you kidding?! We need to get you ready for your date!!!" She screamed and grabbed my arm. She dragged me up the stairs. "Grab your money, were going to the mall." she searched for her wallet. "Well I never pictured that sentence coming from a tom-boy like yourself." I said with a smirk.

A few hours later I found myself in the middle of a girly store. Dresses lined the walls and shoes lined the floor. "Are you sure this is the one?" Andie asked. "Yes, I love it." I came out of the dressing room in style.

It was a simple sleeveless red dress and some silver heels. I knew I was gonna be limping after tonight.

"Now it's time for make-up!!!" Andie shouted and did jazz hands. I'll tell ya, this is the most peppy I've seen this girl.

I was all glammed up for tonight. My hair was pulled back and pinned into a bun. My dress was fluffed in just the right way. My shoes were uncomfortable and annoying, everything was just how it should be. Perfect.

I waited on Andies front porch for Tyler to come and pick me up. He said he was driving a blue Buick. I hope it's not like the commercial and I won't be able to find him and then I'll get into the wrong car and... I worry too much.

I rocked back and fourth in the peaceful porch swing. Andies neighborhood was so delightful. I know it's hard to imagine ME saying that, but I sure have changed.

It was about an hour later, we probably already missed our dinner reservations. He was taking me to Lè Tù De Amõr. It was a fancy French restaurant. I sat on the porch waiting forever. I started to think that he was standing me up.

As I got up with a long sigh, I heard his car pull up. He exited the car with a bouquet of roses and a suit. I turned around and descended down the stairs.

"Ready to go?" He asked and opened the car door for me. "Why were you late?" I said as I crossed my arms. "I'll tell you when we're in the car." he said and ushered me to the car. I obeyed orders without another word.

He grasped the steering wheel and let out a sigh. "Problems with my mom." "Like what kind of problems?" I asked hesitantly. "Shes in the hospital, she has cancer." He started to drive. "And you still came?" "I wouldn't stand you up like that." "But your mother is sick, you can't. We will reschedule." I demanded. "Were already here." he simply said.

We got out of the car and walked toward the building. "Table for two please." He said proudly. "Sorry, we're all booked." the lady said and closed the book and walked away rudely. I started to cry.

"What's wrong?" He asked surprised. This was the first time a boy saw me cry. "This night was supposed to be perfect." I covered my face and walked to the curb of the road. "It still can be." He grabbed my hand and pulled me to the car.

"Where are we going?" "We will be there shortly." he said and turned the wheel. "Okay whatever chauffeur Tyler." I said.

We arrived at a pizza place. "Like it?" He asked and scratched his head. "Its perfect." I simply said and got out of the car.

We got to a booth and ordered a large pie. "Is your mom going to, ya know, live?" I asked kindly, trying to not trigger any tears. "6 weeks." He said and took a sip of his Pepsi. I didn't bother to answer back, I didn't want to make it too personal for him. "What about you?" He asked and it snapped me out of my thoughts. "Huh?" "What happened to your family?" He asked and grabbed my hand to comfort me. "Long story." I shook off his hand and gasped my drink.

"Well, it's almost 11, let's make a toast. Cheers to living a normal life after this." we clinked glasses.

3 months later...

"Hi mom. Uhh it's been a while since we last talked. I miss you. Dads doing alright and so is sis. Dad keeps talking about your memories with him. He sure misses you." I watched as Tyler talked to his moms gravestone. He stopped and I turned my attention to him. "Do you think she can hear me?" I stepped closer and stood by his side. I grabbed his hand slowly and said, "Every single word."