9

Still Friday

I got off the phone with Emmet after telling him everything that just happened. I walked out of the stall and over to the mirror. I saw Chelsea standing there adjusting her make up, like she needed anymore. "Oh hey Sara. I didn't know you were in here." I crossed my arms. "Did you hear anything?" I looked chill on the outside, but on the inside I was freaking out. "No, nothing at all," she rubbed her lips with her finger. "Why, was there something your hiding that I wasn't supposed to hear?" She said, turning to me. "No, not at all..." I trailed off leaving the bathroom.

I walked into the cafeteria, again having no where to sit. I looked around for an open seat and saw one. There was a girl with blue and white hair. She was sitting alone so I decided to join her. I sat down and she looked up from her book. "Hi, I'm sky- Sara." I stuttered as I said my name. I'm such an idiot. I reached out my hand to shake hers. "Cool, I'm Andie." I nodded and tried to keep the conversation going. "Umm, so Andie, what are you reading?" I pointed to her book. "Hunger Games." She answered simply. I'm not much of a reader but I love Hunger Games.

The bell rang and it was time for class. I got up from her table. "Wait, I forgot your name." she said as I got up. "Oh it's-" she cut me off. "I'll just call you red. Here's my number if you want to text me." I was glad to be able to call someone my friend. Wait did she call me red?

I was in 9th period. The bell was about to ring. I was so excited. I wanted to hang out with Andie. She said to text her and we could meet up somewhere. The bell rang and I sprung up out of my chair. "Yess!" I screamed. I ran out instead of explaining to my alarmed class why I screamed. I ran outside, heading for the car when I felt a thud.

I looked up from the ground and saw a guy. It wasn't Kyle, but someone else. The guy was gathering my books that he bumped out of my hand. "I'm so sorry." I got up from the ground and took my books from his hands. "I'm Sara." I said. "I'm Tyler." he smiled. "Nice to meet you, Tyler." I said, trying to kill the awkward air. "Again, I'm so sorry. I wasn't looking where I was going. Is there anyway I could make it up to you?" I was about to answer when my driver beeped the car horn. "That's my ride, sorry. But here's my phone number. Call me later? Bye." I ran to the car and hopped in.

As the driver drove me home I thought about my day. Did Chelsea hear anything? Is Andie really my friend? Does Tyler like me? I pondered these questions on the way home.

I got home and went to my "room", which consisted of a chair, wooden desk, and a hard, stiff bed. I called Andie. "Wazzup?" I heard her say. "Nothing. Want to hang?" I never had friends to hang out with before. "Sure. Meet me at Chowzers in ten, k?" She hung up. Chowzers was a restaurant round' the corner from the school. It was a fast food restaurant with a skate park next door.

I met up with Andie there. She brought some guy along with her, and I felt alone. "Hey Red, this is Mike, my boyfriend. Mike this is Red, my friend."
It felt like one of those meets where you introduce yourself and your problem, then they all say, "Hi Sara." I waved to Mike and he smiled back. I don't think he talks much. "So red, did you bring anyone?" I looked to the side of me like an invisible person was there. "In a matter of fact I did! The great Sara-Deni will now pull a person out of a hat!" I said while grabbing Andies Yankees hat and pulling nothing out.

After we laughed we went inside. I went to the bathroom and called Tyler. "Hi Sara." I could tell he was bored. "Hey, want to meet up at Chowzers with me and my friends?" He suddenly sounded excited and snapped out of his boredom. "Sure, be there in a minute."

All four of us got a table and sat down. We goofed around and talked. After we got bored and finished eating, we went out to the skate park. I'm glad I brought my skateboard.

Andie plopped down her board and rode off with Mike. I plopped mine down and motioned Tyler to come with me. "Umm, I don't know how to ride." I looked at him with shock. I thought all guys knew how to skateboard?! "I'll teach you." I simply smiled, stepping off the board and placing him on it. "How do I even know you can ride?" I crossed my arms and pushed him off the board. "Watch." I did the signature kickback and ended with an ollie. "Now that we have proven that I'm a certified skateboard teacher, it's your turn."