12

Sunday

"Sky get the door! It's probably one of your friends, or your one friend."
Emmet yelled from his bed in the other room. "I got it, hush up." I rolled my eyes and looked through the peep whole of the door. "Chelsea?" I opened the door and gave her a confused look. "What are you doing here?" I said.
"I'm here to invite you to my party. It's tonight, wear something pretty." she said smiling. "Why are you inviting me? And how did you find out where I live?" I said, kind of yelling to her as she got in her car. "Word travels fast. See you tonight." she said while hopping in her car.

Something was fishy here, and it wasn't just the fish pizza me and Emmet ordered for breakfast.

"Emmet should I go?" I said while taking a seat on our old couch. "Yes, Kyle could be there." he said while flipping through a magazine. "Yeah I know but, it's a high school popular party, my first. What if something goes wrong?" "Everything will be fine, now get ready." I walked slowly to my room, belting out a long moan.

I threw on some white shorts, a tank top, and some converse. I went back out to the living room and twirled around for Emmet. "You can't wear that!" I stopped twirling, stumbling to the chair to steady myself. "Why not?" I stood up straight. "Because, it's a party, not a hangout. You have to be presentable." I threw myself down on the floor. "I'm not going to be one of those boy-crazed girls who do everything for a boys attention. I'm not wearing a dress to please boys. That's not who I am, I'm not Chelsea. And I wouldn't be caught dead in those types of clothes." I rambled on, giving a serious expression. I looked Emmet dead in the eye. He finally spit out, "Fine, have it your way."

"8' o clock sharp." I mumbled to myself as I got to Chelsea's house. I walked up to the door. My ears were melting at the blasting sound of the music. I didn't know if I should knock or just open it. I didn't want to get in trouble so I knocked.

"Hey Sara, come on in!" I heard a happy Chelsea say. I'm guessing by her peppy attitude, she probably met a new boy toy. "Can you answer my question now?" I said crossing my arms. "Oh Sara, were here to have fun!" She bumped hips with me, grabbing a drink off a plate being carried by a waiter. She disappeared into the crowd. I knew she invited me here for a reason, and I intended to find out.

"Hey Sara, what's up?" I called Andie. "Hey." I said, not sounding enthusiastic at all. "What's with all the noise, I can barely hear you?" I walked upstairs to the bedrooms. "I'm at a party." I said, sounding innocent. "Whose party? Chelsea's?" She sounded mad and upset. "Yes, how did you know?" "News travels fast, but you have to get out of there." she said, sounding like what Chelsea said earlier. "Why?" As soon as I said that I turned around to see Chelsea. She was standing in the doorway. She turned around and locked the door. "I have to go Andie!" I hung up before she could respond.

"What do you want Chelsea?" I crossed my arms. "You." she said simply. "Umm..?" I said backing away. "Not like that. I know who you are." she walked closer. "Who am I then?" I turned around and looked out the window. "I thought you would know by now." she sat down on the bed that was in the room. "Know what?" I turned back to Chelsea. "Oh Skylit, so many questions." she said. "How did you know my name?" I said getting angry and walking closer. "I'm not stupid, but you seem to be." she said as she stood up.

"Chelsea I'm not scared of you." I said challenging her. "But you will be when I tell my dad- oh you don't know yet. Mr. West isn't Kyle's dad, he's mine."
She said. I looked her dead in the eye. "So you've been lying this whole time?!" I yelled, pushing her to the ground. "We'll me and Kyle have been lying. Can't you see Sky, it's all a trap that you fell right into." "We'll there's one flaw in your plan, I'm not scared." I said with total seriousness.

Chelsea got up and launched at me. I grabbed her hair and tried to get her off me. She lifted me up on her shoulders and opened the door. "Put me down!" I screamed like a child. This is the one move I couldn't avoid, falling. "Alright, I'll put you down." She said. Next thing I knew, I was falling down a flight of stairs. Chelsea was trying to throw me over the railing, but she tripped over something and tumbled over with me.

We were downstairs now and everyone was watching. There was about the whole school at the party. Me and Chelsea just fell over the railing of the stairs. We shriveled on the stairs we landed on. I heard screaming and yelling. "She pushed me down the stairs after I invited her to my party!!!" Chelsea screamed. "Help me!" Everyone just stood around us, staring at us. "I never pushed you down the stairs." I said getting up.

"Don't deny it idiot, I saw it!" She said trying to sit up. "I'm just going to go." I said. I stood up and stumbled over. I was in a lot of pain. "You don't go anywhere." she screamed. I turned. I was tired of her attitude so I walked over to her slowly and gave her one last punch. I punched her right in the nose. I know it was a bit brutal, but she tried to kill me, really. I ran out of the house hearing the crowd go, "Ohhh!" I heard Chelsea yelling and wincing in pain.

I ran out of the house. I thought I would find a ride like in the cliche books where a car magically pulls up. This is why I don't believe in magic. I didn't know where else to go so I went to Andies house. There was blood running down my leg, face, hands, and arms. I knocked on her door half crying.

Andie opened the door wiping her eyes.
When she opened them enough to see me covered in blood she opened them wide. "Oh my gosh what did you do?" She let me in and closed the door quietly. I slid down her door and landed on the floor. Mostly my arm hurt and my neck. "I got into a fight." I said, swallowing after each word. By then I was crying. "With who?" I put my head in my hands as she squatted down next to me. I didn't answer, I just shook my head. "I'm gonna get you some napkins." she got up and went into her kitchen.

I sponged off and there was only blood coming from the wounds themselves. I had a big bruise on my back, I had a black eye, my arm hurt really bad, and my neck was bleeding. Andie was still dabbing my neck with a napkin. "Can you answer my questions now?" I nodded. "But first-" Andie cut me off. "Let me take a selfie?" That's why I loved Andie, even when I was bleeding and broken, she could still make me laugh. "No, where do you keep your water bottles?" I said trying to get up.
"Let me get it." she said. I got up and limped over to the couch.

Andie brought back a glass of water for me. I mouthed the words thank you and took a sip. "Answers." she said tapping her foot. "I had a fight with Chelsea. She was trying to push me over the railing dangling over the stairs when she tripped over something and came down with me." I rambled on.

"Oh I'm gonna get that girl!!!" She said standing up. "Come on." she continued. I stopped her by grabbing her hair. "Ow ow ow ow.." she winced. "Hold up, what's your deal with her?" I said pushing her to sit down. "I'm gonna get you some ice." she said. I pulled her back down again. "What do you mean?" She asked getting comfortable followed by a sigh. "I mean, you told me to get out of there. Why?" I said crossing my arms and wincing in pain as I moved my arm. "Ugh okay. Me and Chelsea used to be friends. We stopped being friends after I started dating Kyle. She was jealous and she took it out on me. She did the same thing to me that she did to you. We got into a fight and Kyle took her back. After that, Chelsea made sure I didn't show my face in the popular scale anymore. That's my novel." she said grabbing a magazine.

I never knew that Chelsea and Andie were friends once. They are so different though. "I have to get going, it's a little late and my Uncle must be worried." I lied. "Wait one more thing. Who won the fight?" She said, scooting to the edge of her seat. "I won I guess." I said trying to limp away. I wasn't that proud of myself though. "How did you finish her off?" "I punched her in the nose. Now I have to go." I said walking out the door. "Thats my girl!" I closed the door after hearing her words.

She ran after me. "Wait, do you need a ride?" She asked. "I'm fine with walking." I said. "No I mean a ride back to Chelsea's house so you can show me if you can actually fight." she said, challenging me. "You don't believe me?" I said walking closer to her and crossing my arms. "Oh I believe you, I just can't picture you being a bad rebel chick." she said, emphasis on the word you. "Fine let's go."