21

Hehe 21. Okay I'm done. Enjoy this long chapter!!!
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

I was on my way to Emmets when I remembered what he did to me. All the fears were coming back. Everything was rushing through my head like a pinball machine. The loud banging noise of a migraine blasted through my ears. The sweat poured down my face like I was entering a car wash. Of course all of this was happening because I am going through a car wash. What, she needed a rinse.

I got to Emmets house and burst through the door. The outcome wasn't one I expected. I saw a lady sitting on the couch and I heard Emmets voice from the kitchen. "Our finest wine for you." he came out of the kitchen holding two wine glasses. He didn't notice me until I shouted. "Whose SHE?!?!" I pointed and crossed my arms like a child. Everything was so quiet. "Honey, you have homework to do, go to your room." he said through gritted teeth. "It's Sunday." I said with a blank expression. "Go, NOW!" He said and I scattered to my room in the one floor apartment.

I closed my door but I could still hear them talking.

"Oh, you jokester!" She giggled.
"Stop it Patricia." he said in a kind tone.
I've never seen the man so relaxed. He seemed so at ease. I felt like I was going to loose my lunch from Starbucks. They sounded so, old. Like, ew.

After an hour of talking she finally left. I came out of "hiding" and walked over to Emmet. I gave him one big slap on the face. "What was a lie? Because it seems like everything was." I said to him. We were face to face. "What are you talking about?" He said more like a statement than a question. He walked over to the couch where we usually had these conversations.

"I mean, I tried to get an apartment but I'm apparently 16! Is this some kind of a joke?!" I said to him. It was silent for a few moments and I began to believe it was true. Then he finally said, "It is true. Your 16." "What?!?! How could you-" "you didn't let me finish." He cut me off and I crossed my arms. "Your 16 and I set up this plan so I could get you into school for free. Skylit, I'm your father. You've been brainwashed." he finished.

"No no no, that can't be! Why, how, who, where?!?!" I sputtered. "Yes, I am a spy, but your not. You've been brainwashed by Mr.West. He killed your mother and siblings. He made you to believe that it was me. You never got married or had a child. That was all your imagination." He went on for what seemed like hours and days. Was everything a lie?!?! Was this whole high school experience supposed to happen?!?!

"Daddy?" I said as my tears formed. I ran to him and engulfed him in a hug. "We have to run, were in danger." he said and I shook my head. "No more running, it's time to fight back!"

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Emmet- my father asked me. "Yes, I need closure." I got out of the car and walked toward the school on a Monday morning. Whispers wrapped me up, not good ones about me being "brave for fighting Chelsea" no this time, they were bad.

Luckily I spotted just the person I wanted to see. "Chelsea." I said and walked over to her little group by the lockers. "Omg, she's such a loser. And to think, she had us fooled from the start." A girl said. "What are you guys watching?" I asked in suspicion. "A video of your fake life. You came here to kidnap me, or worse!" Chelsea shouted showing me the screen. Suddenly my bravery was blown out like the flame of a candle. She had filmed my talk with Emmet- my father, I've gotta stop doing that.

I turned around and saw the whole school standing there. I ran through the hole in the crowd. As I flew past I heard more whispers. "What a joke." "Not funny." "how does she even show her disgusting face." when my running came to a jog I knew I was out of sight. "Sara, it it true." I stood up straight and turned around. "Tyler, I-" I didn't even try to finish my sentence.

"The reason why I loved you Sara, was because you were one of the few girls at this school who was real. I guess I was wrong. Don't even try to apologize." he walked away and once again I lost someone important in my life.

I got home from a stressful school day. I walked through the door and threw my bag down. "Dad?" I looked around the house for him. I saw a note on the counter and started to read it.

"Skylit. I love you, but I realize I can't ever promise you a normal life after this. I can't be a real father. I know you can make it on your own. Be strong."

What did he mean I know you can make it on your own?! What did he mean?!?! I fell the the floor and let the tears fall. There was no use to try and stop them from falling.

I heard a few footsteps and then she opened the door. "What do you want?" Andie said after I knocked on her door at 9:00pm. "Can I stay with you?"