Proof of Strength and Potential

A/N: Author's note at the top this time. So sorry for the long hiatus. School's been keeping me busy. In any case, I'm here. So I don't completely deprive you all of content, if you'd like to read my writing (outside of fanfictions) take a look at the other book I'm writing. It's just going to be things I've written for creative writing class copy and pasted into here. Well, I hope you enjoy this chapter!

~ AnimeChildeX3

(Y/N) POV - 3338 words

It's 8:50 in the evening. Gon and Killua have four hours until they're basically disqualified. Killua will be barred from participating and Gon won't do anything if Killua isn't there. He's dumb like that—throwing away his chance for his friend. It's an admirable quality, though.

"Nen is a power that dwells within every person," Wing instructs, "However, at present only a few are capable of using that power. Thus, they are treated as geniuses, leaders, psychics, mystics or superhumans."

He's standing in front of a very large indentation in the wall that he'd caused. I glance around the room, questioning the structural integrity and ready to shield everyone at the slightest hint of danger.

"I swear," I mumble under my breath. Korako snickers beside me, ears twitching back and forth between me and Wing's lesson. I can see from here that his shoulders are tensed, intimidated by the show of power.

"A power that dwells within everyone..." Gon comments out loud. 

"Yes." Wing nods his head. "And there are two means by which to awaken this power."

He holds up two fingers, "The deliberate way and the aggressive way."

My father used the aggressive method, forcing it out of my body. At that age, the strain would've killed me if I hadn't been strong enough. You know sometimes I think my parents tampered with me in the womb or something for me to have turned out this way—the perfect assassin. Well, I would think that if it didn't go against every single one of their ideals. They were very, "It's not valid unless it was done through natural methods."

"Natural" meaning, learning everything whilst outside the womb, I suppose.

"Zushi underwent the deliberate method. He was a quick learner, and he trained hard. So he was able to master Ten in a very short time," Wing trails off. I could sense a plot twist coming, "In about six months."

"That's too long..." Killua steps forward, "We need to learn Ten, and pass Hisoka's Nen barrier before midnight!"

"You have less than six hours," I back up his argument with a quiet, "Captain Obvious."

He whips his attention to me for a second, slight amusement peeking through. I'm leaning against the arm of one of the chairs, only a few feet behind him. If this weren't so important I think Killua might've reached back and smacked me.

"Then you'll have to try the aggressive method," Wing replies.

"Will it be fast enough?" Killua challenges. It's the only other option they have.

"That will depend on you," Wing's glasses glint, "Can you learn to hold your aura within your body, before time runs out? That is the key."

He stretches his arm out towards them. Korako steps up as well, taking a deep breath. 

"I will now direct my aura toward you. This is known as Hatsu, which I demonstrated earlier."

I move out of the way so as not to interfere. All of their eyes widen. I'm sure they're remembering how Wing decimated the wall, a not so subtle reminder still behind them.