The Zoldyck Brothers

(Y/N) POV - 4,955 words

I don't really care to pay attention to any of them, and instead lean against Korako, resting. One of the very last fights is Illumi and Killua. He'd refused to fight anyone else, and this is almost his last chance. They face off, and everything fades into the background except Illumi—Gittarackur—as he removes the pins from his head. Everything falls back into place as Illumi Zoldyck.

Killua's eyes widen and his breathing quickens. Oh no, not here, not now. I stand as quickly as I can, blood rushing away from my head, causing my vision to darken and I almost fall back over. I'm about to rush onto the floor, I don't care if Killua's eliminated, I don't care if he hates me. I can't let him do this.

"Ki–" I'm stopped in my tracks by a hand on my shoulder. I know immediately it's Hisoka. Darkly, I ask, "Is this what you were talking about on Zevil Island?"

"I hear you stabbed Mom and Milluki," Illumi tells him, "Mom wouldn't stop crying. She was just so happy. She was delighted to see that her son had finally grown up. But she's concerned about you being out on your own. And she asked me to check up on you when I got the chance. Lucky me, huh? I had absolutely no idea you wanted to be a Hunter. As for me, I'm here to get a license for a job coming up."

I really start to see the resemblance between the two as Killua remains emotionless the entire time Illumi's talking.

"I don't actually want to be a Hunter," Killua tells him, "I just felt like taking the Exam."

"That's a relief. In that case, I have some advice for you..." Illumi trails off.

Aura begins seeping from him. This is going to go bad, I can tell. I take a step forward before Hisoka grabs my arm in a crushing grip, "I wouldn't do that."

I glare at him, "Well I would, now get your hand off me."

"Unfortunately, I can't do that, either," he throws me across the room. As I'm traveling, I flip in the air and land lightly on my feet. Killua doesn't break his gaze from Illumi, and I can't afford to look away from Hisoka, either.

"I'm twice as lucky to have found the Heir, too. I've been searching for two years. She hides well," Illumi says, "She wants me to watch you, but she wants me to capture the Heir, using any means necessary. Although, I don't think I need any extremes."

I feel his gaze shift to me and I respond without looking, "What do you want, Illumi?"

"You've gotten much stronger since I last saw you, tell me, how is your brother doing, I'd love to know."

"Shove it. You know full well what happened to my brother."

He sighs, "This reaction is to be expected. After all this time, I just wanted to catch up with an old friend."

Hisoka throws cards at me, too many to count, and I match as many as I can with throwing knives. The halved cards flutter to the ground. I reach into my jacket for more knives and find I'm two short, the ones I threw at Jora are still stuck in the ceiling. I'm going to have to do without for now.

Illumi's aura is strong, it's hypnotising Killua, I have to help him. Hisoka won't let me, and Illumi certainly won't. I raise my voice as loud as I can, "Illumi, you're describing me. I was the one born amongst death, I was the one baptised in blood. I'm the one who wants to kill. Leave your brother alone."

"Oh, but my business is with both of you."

"But, everyone wants something," Killua says, shaking, "Even me."

Hisoka runs at me, and I can't pay any more attention to the Zoldyck brothers. I dodge the clown effortlessly, kicking him in the side as he passes. If my memory serves me, he'd had an injury in his side. He coughs, "That hurt, Heiress."