Nothing of Importance

(Y/N) POV - 885 words

The next day, the four of us destroy all of our opponents once more, moving through them like they're flimsy stalks of wheat in a field. At the end, we're at the booth collecting our rewards.

"Your prize money has been deposited into the specified account. (Y/N)-sama, your account is connected to Korako-sama's as you requested. Would you like to continue this arrangement?" the woman asks. I nod my assent. 

As we walk away Gon says, "You were right. I've never seen so many zeroes before... and just a week ago, I was totally broke." 

"I'm a little annoyed," Killua says in reply, "My first time here, it took me two months to reach floor 150. Meanwhile, you're breezing through."

"But you were only six back then," Gon reasons. 

"Well, that's right..." he doesn't sound so convinced.

"Oh, that's right. I saw Zushi on TV earlier," Gon changes the subject.

"So did I. He's still in the 50s."

"He's probably staying there until his master says he can move on. Past floor 100, it may be a bit more difficult for him—unlike how it is for us. Then again, you never know. I do believe it's intentional, though," I chime in.

"In your infinite wisdom," Killua bows slightly, "Of course."

I roll my eyes as both the boys begin laughing. Even Korako lets out a light chuckle. Gon and Killua stop walking causing Korako and I to stop as well. The mood turns serious once more. 

"I wonder what that Ren you sensed could have been."

"Hmm. Maybe if we fight opponents higher up..." Killua points upwards in emphasis, trailing off.

"Or wouldn't it be faster to just ask Zushi?" Gon offers.

We all head down to the 50s, finding Zushi quickly. The boy isn't exactly hard to find. 

"Ren is one of the four major principles. The four major principles for disciplining your mind and body. Fundamental to every martial art! You must know 'Ten,' learn 'Zetsu,' achieve 'Ren,' and reach 'Hatsu'! This is all apart of 'Nen' training! That covers everything!" he explains lightly. It's actually a very basic explanation. Gon's head looks like it's a steamed asparagus and I can practically see the sweatdrop on the back of Killua's head.

"I've no idea what you just said!" Killua practically explodes at him.

"Are you sure you should be giving out secrets like that, Zushi?" I say calmly as Zushi peers around Killua to look at me. Immediately he claps a hand over his mouth. If he was told not to divulge anything, he never would've told us in the first place. He must not know.

"Do you know, Miss (Y/N)?" he asks.

"Yes. I do. Been trained since birth, actually," I reply lightly.

"May I see a demonstration? Your gifts must be immense by now!" he looks like an excited puppy.

"I'm going to save it until these two can figure it out," I explain. He droops a little bit, but I can tell he understands.

"How about you, Mister Korako? Can you use Nen?"

"In base, yes. But my stance is the same as (Y/N)'s," Korako says, his voice a calm cadence. His ears prick slightly and he turns just as Wing comes around the corner. 

"Zushi," the boy in question jumps, "Are you sufficiently educated that you can teach others?"

We all turn to face him, "Gon-kun, Killua-kun. There's an old saying that if you learn something piecemeal, you'll end up knowing less than when you started."

I glance over the other's faces. Gon and Killua look like they understand, although with questions at the ready. Zushi looks like he ate something sour—very sour. 

"So a little knowledge is a dangerous thing?" Killua challenges, "But I want to know right now. Because it's related to the secret behind my brother's power."

"Then, your brother is able to use Nen?" 

"I need to know what Nen and Ren even mean!" Killua's voice begins to get louder and louder, "I'll agree to the full learning process rather than a quick explanation! And if you're willing to teach me, I won't try to figure it out myself."

Killua's eyes, they're practically sparking with energy, a glinting light in their deep blue ocean. 

"I understand," Wing tilts his head forward in a gentle nod, "Come with me to my residence."

We all turn to follow but Killua grabs my arm as we walk, pulling me back slightly. Korako and Gon hurry to follow Wing and Zushi.

"What's up?" I ask.

"You knew?" his voice sounds hurt, though his face says nothing.

"Yes. It's another part of the Hunter Exam, which I'm not supposed to tell you, but the second part of the Hunter Exam is where you learn Nen. There's not a Hunter alive who can't use it," I reply, "They'd attempt to kill me if I tried to tell you during the exam, and that would cause a lot of problems—including disqualification. I don't know if I'd ever find you again, and I didn't want to take that chance."

He nods, understanding, "You could've said something, though."

I smile at him, though a little strained, "I know. But where's the fun in that? Besides, if you were in my position, you'd do the same thing, right?"

He thinks for a second, falling completely silent while I wait for his answer. He sighs, "I'll give you this one, but can you promise me no more secrets?"

I smile brightly, "I promise."

A/N: I probably should've made this part of the other chapter, but I didn't think it would be that short. Oops. Oh well. This is going to be the last chapter for today. The next one should be up soon. ~ AnimeChildeX3