Arena

Y/N POV - 1,000 words

Gon, Korako, and I find a place among the seats, slipping in just as the fight begins. 

"Okay everyone!" a female announcer shouts over the crowd, hard to hear even with the speakers, "The event you've all been waiting for! We have a unique matchup for you! Two young boys, fighting it out!"

The event we've all been waiting for? They've each only fought one match so far, how are they so highly anticipated. The stadium is packed to the brim with cheering fans, screaming loudly. 

"However, you don't want to underestimate them!" the announcer yells, "Both had strong showings in their first rounds! They both advanced directly to the 50s! We will now replay their matches on the big screen!"

The screen in question hones in on Killua's face with footage from earlier. The screen splits showing his opponent on the right-hand side. 

"Killua defeated his opponent in a flash!" the announcer dictates, "One chop was all it took to knock him out!"

Then the screen switches to Zushi against a very round-bellied man. He punches the man's stomach over and over again until he falls, unconscious.

"Meanwhile, Zushi used martial arts to punish his opponent, scoring a flawless knockout of a 200-plus kilogram giant!" 

"Are you ready to press your gamble switches?" her voice is so cheerful. "In that case, switch on!"

On the screen, Killua's picture flashes red with 2.075 written beneath it. Zushi's picture is blue with 1.508 beneath it. 

"All bets are in and the odds favor Zushi!"

How exactly? Even at just a glance, Killua is far better than him. The woman speculates it could be because of his martial arts skills, though they're all going to be out of some money very soon. I can tell Killua isn't happy about how the bets fell, let's just hope he goes easy on Zushi. I can see the boy's face, since we're sitting behind Killua, he's in trouble and knows it. 

Zushi gets into position while Killua remains still—or so it seems. I notice the almost imperceptible shift as he tenses, ready to spring into action at any given moment. Zushi's stance, however, leaves few weak points. He's probably taken a long time to master it. However, if he can't move fast enough to detect Killua, there's no point. All the protection in the world doesn't do shit if your opponent disables it before you realize they're there.

I tune out the announcer, focusing solely on Killua. As I stare at the match, watching as he slowly walks towards Zushi, dodging at the last second and swatting him hard on the point between his shoulder and his neck. The crowd goes wild, but the match isn't done yet. I feel an energy begin to seep from Zushi, he's getting desperate. He raises his head, standing. It doesn't look like he took any damage at all, though his brain must feel a little shaken. Killua dodges every hit Zushi makes, chopping him again.

Zushi stands again, realizing how dire a situation he's in. His aura emanates from him, intending to intimidate Killua. From the level of control he has, it looks like he only started learning Nen recently. He shouldn't be actively using it yet. I'm willing to bet almost anything that Wing is Zushi's teacher, and from the feeling I got, I don't think he'd let his pupil use Nen this early into their training. 

Zushi's Nen slowly gets stronger and stronger, but as I examine it, I realize it's giving a very similar feel to Illumi's. This was the worst move Zushi could have made and he doesn't even know it. I can see the confusion, rage, and pain flash across Killua's face, unmasked for just a second. He leaps backwards in two movements, as fast as he can. 

"Zushi!" the call echoes across the stadium. Around Wing, who's sitting near to us, everyone cringes away. Both the opponents in the ring look up at him. He's standing and there's an angry set to his features. When Zushi stands down, the entire arena is dead silent.

I was right—he wasn't supposed to do that. 

After the fight, the three of us wait for the two boys. We're silent, both contemplating what we'd seen. Just as I was about to say something to them, the elevator doors open and Killua steps out. We race over. 

"Oh, Killua! Over here!" Gon calls. He pulls out a small packet of money, "See? I got sixty thousand. How about you? It took you a while to get here."

"Yeah, I ran into a little trouble," Killua replies nonchalantly. I reach out and grab his sleeve.

"Trouble? What kind?" I ask. 

"Just in the match. It was nothing, he was just target practice for me. I just wasn't expecting it to take so many hits to bring him down."

He talks as if Zushi were a particularly feisty zebra under his lion's paw. Killua continues, "He has potential. One day, he'll be strong. For now... his punches were weak. I was completely able to knock him around."

He stops walking, a dangerous note coming into his voice, "But I wasn't able to defeat him. I received the TKO from points, but I couldn't knock him out. Further... When he changed his stance, his aura reminded me of my brother's. I don't know what it was, but it felt dangerous. It must be some kind of technique. His master called it 'Ren.'" 

I doubt Wing would've told Killua directly. He must've put his assassin skill to the test, eavesdropping. Almost as if to prove my point, Killua relayed what he saw to the rest of us: Zushi, groveling on the ground while Wing lectured him. 

"Gon," Killua cuts his friend off as he begins asking questions, "Change in plans. I'm aiming to reach the top floor!"

"Then we're with you," I declare. Adding silently, Wherever you go, I go.

A/N: So, so sorry for the late update. I'm working on the next one. It'll be up later tonight, this time I promise. I hope you like it, despite it being a little shorter than the others. The next one will be some awesome Nen using. We're going to be even more OP, I promise. The only one who'll even stand a chance against us will be Ki-chan, and that's because we'd never lift a finger against him (unless it was because he was between us and something we want. Then you better move. We'll go easy on u doe) ~ AnimeChildeX3