Suspicions and Lessons

https://discord.gg/88tnXYRx

(Y/N) POV - 4095 words

It's been about two months since Wing had forbidden Gon to practice Nen. We'd just been summoned to his residence, and now we were all standing in a semi-circle waiting to be instructed. Korako still hasn't returned from his hunt for Kurapika. I can only assume they found each other and have been helping each other out.

"Gon-kun. Killua-kun. Starting today, you'll train with Zushi," Wing says, "Gon-kun, I'm pleased that you kept your word."

"It's thanks to your promise thread," he admits, "A few times, I almost gave in. But when I looked at the thread, I was able to control myself."

"That's because I added some Nen to help you."

"Huh? Really?"

I snicker as Wing tilts his head, "No. I was lying."

"But how could you tell that he kept his word? He could have been practicing in secret," Killua points out.

"Because the promise thread remained intact," Wing says vaguely, "Gon-kun, it's been a while, but would you try using Ten?"

"It's okay?" he asks, to be safe.

"Yes," Wing affirms.

I glance over at Killua, though I doubt he remembers how to actually use Ten. Gon, on the other hand, looks hopeful and a little nervous. I put my hand on his shoulder, "You got this."

He closes his eyes and his aura almost immediately floats around him. It's quite a bit more substantial than before.

"Zushi, what do you think?" Wing asks his protégé.

"I-It's amazing," he stutters, surprised, "His aura is flowing all around him! Soft and calm... But it's very strong!"

"I did it! Whew, I was worried that I might have forgotten how," Gon interjects.

"It's like riding a bike. You can't forget," I say, a little bit of pride lighting in my chest. I feel like I've adopted this asparagus...

"However, to become a master, you'll have to train hard," Wing adds onto my comment.

"But it felt easier than before, despite not having been practicing Ten."  

"That's because you were training your spirit each day," Wing explains, "Now, look at your left hand."

He does so with more than a little surprise. The promise thread had snapped, barely holding onto his finger any longer. 

"By applying my own Nen, I tied the thread such that if you broke your promise and used Nen, it would snap."

Killua speaks, "Hey, Wing-san. Did you watch Kastro and Hisoka's match?"

"Yes, I did," comes the simple reply.

"What was the ability that Hisoka used? Could we send loose limbs flying around?"

"Hmm, that's a difficult question," is all he says before turning to Gon, "Gon-kun, have you seen the fight on video?"

"No, not yet."

Wing holds up a video tape, "Then I'll explain while we watch."

He slides the disc into the side of the TV and it snaps on to the exact place we needed to see. Hisoka has his arm under the handkerchief—the severed one—just before it turns into a showering of cards.

Wing pauses the tape as the fabric is at its peak, "Can you see the threads of aura extending from his left hand?"

I use Gyo, a technique only Wing probably knows about at this stage, observing the television.