Tidepools and Badges, Fillers and Conversations

(Y/N) POV - 3145 words 

I left Cohren trembling on the ground, probably too scared to do anything other than shiver. Killua trails behind me, and I sense he's working up the courage to ask me something. I sigh, if he's nervous about asking me it must be something I'm not sure I want to hear.

I turn to face him, "If there's something you want to say, I'm not going to bite."

I can't be even the slightest bit angry with him, despite my feelings still raging from Cohren's insolence. The second I see his face everything softens, the waves of emotion settling to a calming lull.

"Are you okay?" he asks. It's a surprise, of all the things I thought he might've said, that surely wasn't one of them.

I nod, "Yeah, it just gets on my nerves how arrogant he was."

Killua grabs me by the arm, stopping me in place, "Are you really okay? You just seem a little... how do I say this... touchy. Like you're going to kill the next thing you see move."

I notice how tense I am and relax my muscles, taking a deep breath, "Yeah, I'm fine, seriously."

I smile at him lightly which causes him to blush and look away. I continue, "On a more professional note, I'm good with the tag requirements, but we should still keep a lookout for whoever has me as a target. There are a few people around us, but none of them harbor any ill-will right now."

He replies, still blushing a little bit, "I trust your judgement. I feel a few as well."

Little does he know I extended my En across the entire island once more. I have a distinct feeling which life forms are Gon, Kurapika, and Leorio as well. Since I've spent so much time with them I have an imprint in my mind of each of them. Gon's near the water, standing still for the most part, Kurapika and Leorio are steadily moving towards each other, but they're all somewhat far from us.

I sigh, "Well, it's day two and we've got nothing to do for the next five days. What do you suggest we do?"

"I don't know," Killua replies.

"Well, what do you like to do in your freetime?"

"Freetime?" he raises an eyebrow skeptically, "When does an assassin have freetime?"

I smirk, "Good point."

We both stand in the middle of a clearing, thinking. Killua springs forth, a suggestion on his lips, "How about we play hide and seek, no limit to where you can go, we each have a day to find the other. Also, you can't use your sense that tells you where people are, if you can."

I nod, "I agree to the terms so far."

"We'll meet back up at the stream where we had breakfast when night falls."

"What does the winner get, and how do you win?"

"Well," he pauses, thinking, "We have five days left, and it'll probably only take a day to find my target, but we should also spend another day together before we leave. Best of three?"

"Agreed. Winner's prize?"

"A gift from the loser," he smirks.

"What kind of gift?"

"It's up to the winner."

I pause, "Why is that the prize?"

"Do you want a different one?"

"Fine. Game on."

We shake hands, then play a game of rock-paper-scissors to see who goes first. Killua wins and I turn around, counting to 100.