Blossoms of Affection? Perhaps?

(Y/N) POV - 2187 words

Some time later, after walking through the town for an hour, the five of us load onto a tram. Leorio and Gon are sitting across from Kurapika, Killua, and myself. I'm sandwiched between the two. 

"Hey, (Y/N)," Kurapika whispers to me while the others talk about Gon's situation with his Hunter's License, "Where's Korako? He was with you last time we saw you, and I can't imagine you split."

"You're smart. Tell me, where do you think he is?" I ask, tone mild. The words could sound sharp if said in any other way.

"I've also noticed you have a new ring. It's not an engagement ring, clearly. The only people you seem to have been with are Killua and Illumi... you don't seem the kind of person to go into something like this hastily," he says, covering all possibilities, "I also know there's more to this world than we previously thought. Some things which could seem like magic to the untrained eye... Are the three connected in any way?"

"Close. The answer's right there," I smirk.

"Is Korako in your ring? Somehow? I'm going out on a limb here, since it sounds insane, but I have a feeling."

"Very perceptive of you, Kurapika. You're correct," I pause, "Do you want to see your friend?"

Korako's voice echoes at the back of my mind, He might not, but I want to see him again. Other than you and Killua, he's the only one who treats me like an equal, or pays attention to me at all.

The thought sounds bitter, so I speak before Kurapika can answer, "Too bad. Follow me."

He stands, letting me past, and we walk into the seating area directly behind the one we just left. I pull the ring off my finger and hold it, thinking about the way I'd last seen Korako, as a human being. I think they'd both appreciate not having me as a translator. 

The ring begins to hover a few inches above my palm, and I drop my hand, letting it stay suspended in air. Seconds later, Korako the human appears in a bright flash of white light. 

He waves awkwardly, "Hey Kurapika. Nice to see you again."

The blonde in question just stares with wide eyes and an open mouth. Korako and I meet eyes and start laughing. He leans against me, shaking with laughter, although I feel exhaustion radiating from him.

Don't worry, I communicate, you can stay in this form for a while so you can regain your energy.

I appreciate you not saying my weakness aloud, M– Mistress, comes the reply.

You don't have to call me that.

What am I supposed to call you then?

Just (Y/N).

Kurapika snaps out of his shock as Killua peaks over the top of his seat, curious, "What's going on over here?"

He spots Korako, "Oh, hey Koko."

"Hey Killua," he sounds tired, like this is something he's had to deal with for a long time.

"Koko?" I raise my eyebrow.

"I don't know, ask him not me," Korako replies.

"I know my new nickname for you," I giggle.

"Please no, don't call me that," he begs.

"Fine, fine."

"You can talk?" Kurapika gasps.

"Taking a while there, friend," Korako smiles slyly.