30

Megan was sitting in Aria's flat. Maisey was sleeping in her car seat.

Megan smiled. "How are you holding up?" She asked as she looked at her best friend.

Aria shrugged. "I'm okay I guess. I just miss her. It's harder then I thought. I feel lonely. I haven't even heard from Max since I had her."

Megan took her hand. "You can get her back. You didn't sign anything did you? No paperwork?"

"No. I didn't sign a thing. Why? Should I have?"

Megan smiled. "No. You didn't sign anything which mean you have rights to have her back."

Aria shrugged. "How's things with Simon and baby daddy?" She asked as she ticked Maisey.

Megan smiled and nodded. "They're good. Everything is working out. Tom and Simon have called a truce. They both know that I'm doing what's best for my daughter," she said.

"Good. I'm glad that you can all make it work. You literally deserve the best babes."

"Thanks hun."

***
The next morning, Megan took Maisey into the crèche. She smiled as she saw Tom waiting there. "Hey. Is everything okay?" She asked.

Tom nodded. "Yeah. Me mum and dad are visiting. They wanna see Maisey. So I was wondering if I could pick her up and have her for the night? I'll give up my weekend for this."

Megan shrugged and nodded. "Of course! You don't have to give up your weekend visit though."

"Thanks Megs. I appreciate this."

Simon walked down the corridor. He smiled when he saw Megan. He kissed her. "Hey. Is everything okay?" He asked.

Megan nodded. "Yeah. Tom was just asking if he could take Maisey tonight. His parents are in Rochdale."

"Oh right. Cool," Simon said. He wasn't too keen on Tom. But he knew that Megan wanted to make it work with Tom. "In that case, I can take you out for dinner tonight."

Megan smiled slightly. She could see that Simon wasn't happy. And she didn't like it. She wanted him to be happy.

***
Megan went to see Aria. She found her sitting on the desk. "Hey. You okay?" She asked.

"Max is in there. He's getting his job back. This wasn't meant to happen. I was meant to give the baby up. And forget that she exists. But I can't. Ruby has her here. Max is here," Aria said.

Megan sighed. "It'll be okay. Talk to Ruby. She'll understand. I promise."

Aria shrugged and sighed. "You're lucky. Your life isn't complicated at all. Well maybe a little. But not really. But you know what I mean."

Megan laughed. "It's getting complicated. Like it really is."

"I'm sorry. You're literally in a sticky situation. With baby daddy and your lover here."

"It'll be okay."

***
Megan was sitting in the flat. She looked up as Simon walked in. "Hey. You okay?" She asked as she looked at him.

Simon nodded and smiled. "Yeah. I'm just... I shouldn't say this. But I'm jealous. I'm jealous of you and Tom," he admitted.

Megan sighed. "Babe. You don't have to be jealous. It's you I chose. It will always be you I choose," she told him as she pulled him down and kissed him.

But with Simon planting doubts about their relationship in her head, could she resist from straying again? With Tom Clarkson?