42

Megan knew how she was worried about Simon's parents coming. She had never met them before and she was worried. She knew that things weren't going to work out.

She knew how worried she was about it. She knew that things were going good between her and Simon. They had their little girl and they were happy.

Megan didn't want anything to ruin their relationship. Not when they were in a good place. They were happily married and things were only going to get better. Or so she hoped.

Simon had told her that things were going to be okay. And that his parents would love her. Megan wasn't convinced. She knew she never had a good job with her own family.

She felt like they wouldn't like her. She never had the best relationship with her own mum. She knew she loved her mum. But she just couldn't open to her anymore.

All she knew was that things were hard for her at the moment. And she just needed to make it through the visit without losing Simon.

Morning came and she walked into the living room. Simon was there with Maisy. She picked up her little girl and held her close. She smiled and held her. "Did you sleep okay?"

Maisy nodded and giggled. Simon looked to her and grinned. "Are you still worried about my parents? They'll love you. Trust me," he told her.

Megan shrugged. She smiled. "I don't mean to be worried. I just can't help myself. I don't have the best relationship with my family. So I can't help but think maybe they won't like me," she said.

Simon rolled his eyes and smiled. "They are going to love you. I know they will. They'll love Maisy too. Trust me when I say that," he told her as he kissed her lips.

Megan just nodded. She sighed. Knowing that she had her doubts about it all.

***
Megan walked into work with Simon. He kissed her and walked off. Aria smiled to her. "Hey. Today is the day. How are you feeling?" She asked.

Megan shrugged and sighed. "I'm okay. I just feel like they're not going to like me," she said. She smiled. "How are things with you and Max?"

Aria smiled and shrugged. "It's... it's whatever. I can't be bothered anymore. And I just feel like maybe our relationship has run its course. He cheated on me. And I'm the mother of his daughter," she said.

Megan took her hand. "We're gonna be okay. I'm gonna survive Simon's parents. You're going to survive this hard time with Max," she told her.

Aria grinned. "You're right. I miss him so much," she said as she looked to her.

"It's gonna be fine. I promise you."

***
Megan had just made some dinner for Simon and Maisy. She looked up as he walked in and smiled. "Babe, these are my partners, Lisa and Michael. Mum, dad, this is Megan. The love of my life," he told her.

Megan smiled and looked to them. Both of them were looking at her with interest. But would this weekend make or break everything.