Heartburn

The clouds accumulated violently over the castle at Tintagel. A foreboding sound of thunder hanging above, endangering the surrounding area. The sea was restless, crashing heavy blows into the side of the rocky cliffs that the stone fortress sat upon. The ground seemed to shift, as stones and clumps of dirt tumbled down the slopes of the countryside and into the sea. All the while, Morgan had started the ritual to bring the world to eternal darkness, with Wanda as her involuntary slave.

Biding their time outside one of the walls, Ross and his task force prepared to storm inside to eliminate the threat or threats. "We may have one chance at this!" the mustached commander belted, "When you step inside the God-forsaken place, there will likely be things beyond your comprehension. They will not be your friend! They will not hesitate to hurt you, punish you, kill you, or worse! We must assume that is what awaits us! So, if you have a shot, TAKE IT! Regardless of who's on the other end of your weapon." Ross' goal was clear: eliminate the threat. He knew Wanda would be in there, but it didn't matter to him anymore. For all he knew, she had been planning her escape ever since she was asked to aid in Morgan's capture. And still, if she died, what would it matter. One less liability in this ever-increasing world of enhanced individuals and superheroes. Particularly, an individual that had the potential to end the world if she wanted to.

The adrenaline rushed in each of the men, as they were mentally prepared to charge ahead into the strange and mysterious unknown. And with one order, their charge commenced. Racing across a long stone bridge, they approached a large wooden gate that prevented the outside world from entering. Ross rose his communication device and gave and ordered one of the tanks in their supply to blast the door open. The tank fired a heavy round, the shot as loud as the rolling thunder above, but as sharp as a single clap. The round struck the large gate, partially damaging it. "Again!" Ross ordered, he and his small army closing the gap between them and the fortress. Another shot was made, this time blowing a wide hole in the bottom of the gate for the troops to enter.

Down in the crypts and dungeons, Morgan and Wanda were performing the ritual. The blast rumbled through the walls, alerting Morgan to the breach. Her eyes searched in the direction the blast came from and she smirked. "Hm..." she snorted, "pathetic. It won't be long before we are complete. Soon, the world will be nothing but darkness, and there won't be anything they can do to reverse it." She chuckled sinisterly, reveling in her self-made superiority. Wanda continued with the ritual with little personality, just working her magic as Morgan had intended. Their hexes swirled together to make a grey-purplish color. Acting as a small bubble around the two and radiating the dark energy necessary to complete Morgan's wishes. She often looked up to admire her work and continued to revel.

Appearing in the shadows of dark corners behind them, Vision phased through one of the walls. He kept himself hidden to observe what was going on without Morgan spotting him. He watched Wanda, behaving not like he's ever seen her. Alien in her movements, her eyes blazing red, her composure haunting. It was like watching a real witch conjuring her spells and summoning demons from some dead world. All he could think of was how to get her out of there, convince her to leave with him before Morgan, Ross, or anybody else could harm her. There seemed to be no definite sign of weakness amongst all the dark energy surrounding the two ladies, which made it more complicated for Vision. Ultimately, he decided to just gun it and ambush the wicked sorceress. With a speedy start, he zooms like a comet across the hall, aiming straight for Morgan. To his luck, he is able to phase through the energy bubble and strikes Morgan from behind. She groans as he collides her into a dense stone wall on the far side of the hall.

The whole castle rumbles from the impact, alerting Ross and the troops to their location. "This way!" Ross exclaims. "Stay sharp!"

The stones collect on the ground, burying Morgan in a heavy prison. Vision floats above the rubble before quickly flying back to Wanda. Phasing through the bubble again, he landed softly in front of Wanda. Although slow, she continues to follow the movements of the ritual, as if there was never a disruption. "Wanda?" Vision says. No response. "Wanda, you can stop now."