A Decision & Epilogue (Last Chapter)

The sun hasn't risen yet, and the bodies of Wanda Maximoff and the Vision are holding each other in sleep. The bedsheets lay over them warmly and raggedly. Wanda breathed softly, while Vison laid still in low power mode; his overlays idling in a peaceful rest. Nothing could awaken them from the blissful sleep that they shared with each other, not even Wanda's phone ringing on the bedside table. It rang three different times in the night, but it never woke either of them.

**** **** ****

Morning came, but hours passed before either one of them woke. Wanda rolled over, stirring her eyes to flutter open. With the Vision right in front of her, and the memories of the previous night filling her head, a smile grew from her lips. She felt so whole that she was able to share a night with him the way they did. It was spontaneous, liberating even. Like she was able to find happiness with someone that was willing to grow with her, just as she did with him. She felt that she could stay in bed with him forever. To never again face the harsh realities that lay outside their window. However, her bladder was harder to resist at the moment, and she pulled the sheets off her to go to the bathroom.

As she stood up, she noticed her flip-phone's notification screen blinking. Curious about what that could mean, she took it with her to the bathroom. She flipped the phone open and a missed call banner came across the screen. She had missed three calls while she was sleeping, all from Steve Rogers; a voicemail was also left. Sitting on the toilet, she played the voicemail to hear what he had to say.

Wanda, we need to know where you are. We checked the house and you weren't there. We've seen all the news reports about your struggles in Southhampton and on the coast. We think that you might be at risk of being found. Give us a call as soon as you can so we find come pick you up and move you to a safe location. We hope you're okay.

With the ending of the message, the air felt cold. Wanda didn't know what to do. Here she was, happy after a wonderful night with Vision, and now she was faced with the decision of whether she should leave him behind and be with Steve and company. However, she felt completely safe with Vision. She knew he wasn't going to tell anyone about her whereabouts, plus it was much nicer to have someone around to talk to, to make each day different.

She washed up at the sink and lightly walked back to the bedroom. "Oh! Good morning!" she said to Vision, who was standing at the side of the bed when she walked in. However, he didn't seem very happy to see her. He looked sad, or rather, let down. "Vis?" she asked, "what's wrong?"

Vision was quiet for a moment. His eyes wandered the room without any clear path. His lower jaw hung slightly, showing that he was preparing to speak. "I uh..." he stammered, "I overheard the message you received from Captain Rogers." The air in Wanda's breath felt like it was pulled out of her lungs. "I guess being an entity that is always connected to the internet has some of its downsides" he added.

"Yeah, uh..." Wanda stuttered, "I don't actually know what I'm gonna do about that." Vision nodded, just to confirm that he understood her stress about the matter. "What do you think I should do?"

"You're asking me?"

"Of course" she answered, walking up to him. "I don't see any reason why I can't just stay here with you." Vision smiled, taking hold of her arms and pulling her closer to him. "I hope that's alright with you." He kissed the top of her head, liking this idea. "It is" he replied, and they embraced each other in an intimate hug.

Suddenly, Vision's mind stone lit up, and a display came up on the inside of Vision's eye. He pulled away, making Wanda wonder what was happening. "What is it?"

"I... I'm not sure" he said. "I'm not completely sure what's going on here." Several lines of code and data passed by in his eye, like a computer screen showing the many lines that make up a system's programming. As it finished, a couple of bold words appeared to him: TRANSPONDER ACTIVATED- SIGNAL RECEIVED