Medieval Malice

Back outside, the crowds were screaming and running, trying to avoid being harmed. Wanda walked in and out of fleeing tourists, trying to catch up to her friends. They were all frozen, being completely shocked by the freaky display of abilities that their neighbor had revealed. Their eyes in complete fear as Wanda steps toward them. "No, no, don't come any closer" they demand in fear.

"No, just... please let me explain" Wanda begs as she slows her pace, trying to ease her way over.

"I think you're a little late for that" one of them shout. Wanda could feel the trust and respect leaving their relationship. "I didn't mean for you to learn this way," she tries to explain, "can't we just talk this out, like normal people."

"But you're not normal Wanda," another said. "You're a freak, a freak that probably manipulated us to like you." These words made Wanda's heart sink, to think that she was being the best version of herself and make a human connection with strangers, was now being called manipulation. "How do we know you weren't going to sell us to the devil or something. Just... don't come near us again, please... for our own safety."

Wanda's mouth quivered, and tears started forming in her eyes from all the thoughts and emotions overwhelming her. As they turned to run, she fell to her knees in sadness. She was truly alone, probably the most she had been since she last saw Cap and the gang. She wished that she had never done this. Never had decided to live on her own. Never had tried to figure things out by herself. Never had called..., "Vision!", she said in a low whimpering voice that hinted at some darkness. Her eyes went red, her teeth grinded, and her heart and mind filled with rage. She got to her feet and stomped her way to the large hole in the castle wall.

Vision appeared before she could reach it, and she wasted no time controlling his density. Red hazes accumulated around Vision's synthetic body. He can feel her forcing his arms to fold behind his back, bending his knees til he was kneeling before her, and the overall helplessness he felt as she stood over him with tears running down her cheeks.

"Wanda..." he pleaded, barely letting out a whisper, "... please."

Her lips quivered, "You ruined everything..." sniffling briefly. "You, Vision... who I trusted more than anyone with this. You ruined it." She rose her left hand, a fiery scarlet magic glowing around as she prepared to inflict damage on her former teammate. She breathed quickly, mentally readying herself to strike him, when the ground started to shake a bit. She looked to the ground, as if the cause of the shaking were under her feet. When it wasn't there, she noticed something out of the ordinary in the hole of the castle. A growing green light that culminated into an explosive burst of light that wrecked the rest of the wall. The blast sent Wanda and Vision back a couple yards. A few slabs of stone piled on top of Vision, while Wanda was hit in the head a couple times and one large slab pinned her right leg against the ground.

The explosive green cloud expanded over the courtyard, gaining the attention of many bystanders and tourists. Many of them still recording with whatever video capturing device they had. The cloud gradually floated into the air, revealing the destruction of the remaining foundations of the wall. Large pieces of stone piled on the ground, a few banners rustled up and sprinkled with dust. And as the smoke became clear, a lone human figure gradually rose into the air.

Her long black hair flowing wildly in the wind, her garments clinging to her body as the breeze tried tugging it away. Her eyes were slightly glowing a misty-green. She looked around, catching the view of an unfamiliar world, as if she was in a dream, or a nightmare. She brought her hands up to her face, making sure she wasn't imagining everything. She felt the bitter coldness of her cheek start to warm-up from the bright sun as it surged its way through the remaining smoke. The dry texture of her skin soon turned soft, easing her into the realization of what was happening.