Chapter 44

"Sometimes the greatest
Love is simply
To let go"

----

Abbie's POV -

"How do you know that you have lost me forever?" I asked, my voice sounding desperate.

"I just have a feeling" he mumbled and looked down.

I frowned and looked at my surroundings. I don't want to lose Dylan. But then again I don't want to lose Luke.

Dylan suddenly sighed heavily next to me and my head shot up to look at him.

"I'm sorry I took this date from amazing to crappy in one second" he said.

"No you didn't" I said honestly "it's nice to get a bit more back story to be honest" I replied and looked down.

"Yeah well, anyway moving on. Now we have to be happy and watch the sunset and stars" Dylan stated and led on his back.

"Okay" I giggled and led down beside him.

---

A few hours later and another uncomfortable car journey, Dylan and I finally arrived back at the apartment building.

I unlocked the door and pushed it open. Inviting Dylan in I made my way around to the kitchen to get a drink. I turned on the lights as it was still quite late but jumped slightly when I saw Luke sat at one of the stools with a guitar in his hands.

"Jesus, you scared me" I commented and placed a hand over my heart.

"Sorry" he chuckled.

"Where were you? I haven't seen you since you left this morning I was worried because no one else saw you either" Luke started to ramble and he stood in front of me placing his guitar next to him.

"Ummm...." i stammered " I went out"

"Out? with who?" Luke questioned before stopping mid sentence "wait? why do you smell like a bon fire?" He asked.

Not knowing how to tell him I simply stood there looking at him guiltily.

"That would be my fault" Dylan suddenly chimed in whilst leaning against the doorframe.

"What?" Luke asked confused "why are you here? I thought you had left!"

"No I just went exploring, found this cool place and took Abbie there" he stated in a bored tone.

"Wait?" Luke said and turned to me "you went on a date with him? But I thought we were back together" he said sounding hurt.

"Luke" I tried to say but Dylan cut me off.

"Well you thought wrong. Besides you already had the upper hand as you two know more about each other. Now we're even and she can choose one of us and it will be fair"

What? I thought. That whole date was just to get even with Luke? Not knowing what to say I just stood there looking at the both of them.

"But that's not fair!" Luke exclaimed, his skin turning a ghoulish tinge making me feel uneasy.

"You had left, walked out, vanished for 24 hours. We all thought you went back to Crowley and we were assuming the worst!" Luke shouted and strode towards Dylan.

"Yes, I did vanish. And yes I did go and see Crowley" Dylan calmly stated and I gasped, trembling slightly.

A low growl sounded from Luke as Dylan to turned slightly ghoulish and stepped forwards.

"I had to make sure that I would still have somewhere to go If Abbie chose you" he said "but don't worry, because if she chooses me Crowley said that he would happily take you in" Dylan smirked but that soon vanished as Luke lunged for Dylan; tacking him to the ground.

"Luke!" I gasped and tried to pry him off of Dylan.

They were both punching and blindly kicking each other. Curses and yells were all that could be heard and I was failing to keep this under control.

"Guys can you just stop for a minute!" I tried to yell but they continued to fight. It was as if I was invisible.

"Boys stop! There Is a more mature way to solve this!" I tried but once again failed. Sighing, I tried to grab Dylan but he dodged my hold. However, as Dylan dodged Luke threw a punch in his direction which missed Dylan but smashed into my cheek.

Stumbling backwards I lost my balance and fell down. A gasp came from both boys and they both looked at me shocked.

Stunned, I touched my hand to my cheek, immediately rearing away from the pain.

"Baby" Luke croaked and slid towards me "I didn't mean it" he said "it was an accident"

"You punched her!" Dylan suddenly exclaimed getting in between Luke and I.

"I didn't mean it! I was aiming for you you asshole!" They started to argue once more but it was like I was numb; just staring off into space.

They continued to argue but stopped abruptly when the door suddenly swung open and Faye stumbled in.

"Abbie! I'm sorry but I can't hold it in any longer! You'll never guess what Luke has bought you! He is gonna -" She started to ramble but stopped when she saw the three of us on the floor.

Me, cradling my cheek and Dylan and Luke on the verge of darkness once more.

"Oh shit" she mumbled under her breath.

"Ya know what, never mind" she said and abruptly left.