Chapter 31

"I cannot undo what I have done;
I can't un-sing a song that's sung.
And the saddest thing about my regret -
Is that I can't forgive me and you can't forget" - Lang leav.

---

Abbie's POV -

My mind was blank as his soft lips moved against mine. Eventually coming to my senses I pulled away and stared up at him in shock.

We maintained intense eye contact for a few moments before someone cleared their throat to the side of us.

My head snapped in that direction and I immediately found myself embarrassed as Luke and Michael were both stood there with unreadable expressions upon their faces.

Luke didn't say or do anything; he simply looked down at the floor, clenched his fists in anger and then stormed out of the room.

Michael however raised his eyebrows and said "am I interrupting something?" Whilst gesturing between the two of us.

I awkwardly took a step back and Dylan watched my movements closely.

"No" my voice wavered "no, this was nothing" I said, trying to sound confident.

"Are you sure?" Michael challenged "because it didn't seem like 'nothing'. What it seemed like was a whole new shit-storm of drama" he sassed and crossed his arms in frustration.

"Explain. Now." He said angrily.

-----

After explaining to Michael the whole 'lost soul help project' he was very apprehensive of the situation.

"We can't trust him Abbie" Michael complained whilst gesturing to Dylan; who simply rolled his eyes.

"Yeah, I know. But we have to try" I reasoned.

"Fine. But you have to tell me all of your plans first before you actually do them - deal" he said.

"Deal" I nodded.

"Okay now that's over with, explain to me why you two were lip locking in front of Luke. Because of it was supposed to help him, I don't think it worked - if anything it pissed him off even more" Michael said and chuckled nervously.

"It was one of my plans" Dylan said carelessly "I'm assessing how he reacts to certain situations. Currently, I know that Abbie is his weakness. And I was finding ways to manipulate that" he finished and looked a Michael with a glare.

"You would know all about manipulation wouldn't you" Michael retaliated.

We sat in silence for a few moments and the tension was thick. Maybe it wasn't a good idea to have the two of them in a room together.

Michael cleared his throat "so, what did you 'achieve' from kissing Abbie" he said.

Dylan shrugged "I found out that Luke doesn't like things being taken away from him - he also was pushed further into darkness when he thought that Abbie had happily moved on" he explained.

My heart sunk at his words - we pushed him further into darkness? That's not supposed to happen.

"So how can we help Luke?" Michael questioned and sat forwards.

"We have to put Abbie in dangerous situations. Then luke will see her and try to protect her from the danger - meaning that Luke will turn back and you can all live happily ever after" he said sarcastically.

"No, absolutely not. I'm not putting Abbie in harms way" Michael said whilst throwing a glare towards Dylan.

Tough, I thought, I'm going to do it anyway.

"The other option is to find Abbie another love interest. This would make luke feel neglected and like he is being given up on. If it works correctly then he should try and do anything to get Abbie back - in theory"

Michael smiled at his words, obviously he preferred this idea - that was until Dylan continued.

"However, for that plan to work the love interest would have to be someone who luke hates or feels threatened by. So I'm afraid your only willing and available option is me" he smirked and threw his arm around my shoulder whilst Michael have him the death glare.