Chapter 34

"Love is not a victory march,
It's a cold and it's a broken hallelujah"
- hallelujah

----

Abbie's POV-

I woke up freezing cold and scared. There was a small blanked draped over my body but it was itchy and had many rips and tares.

I sat up, my teeth chattering and looked around. It was an old place, with stained walls and no carpets. It looked like a room from a horror house. It seemed to creek and groan with the wind.

I apprehensively stood up and walked towards the window. The glass was still in the frame but it was scratched and had spider webs in the corners.

I swiped my finger over one of the glass panes and looked outside. It was dark out now and I couldn't tell where I was. Sighing I turned back around.

Only to be chest to chest with Luke.

His gaze brunt down at me; it was harsh and angry. But there was something else to - perhaps worry?

I'll admit that he did make me jump but, like Dylan said, I tried to mask my fear.

We stared at each other for a few moments before I broke the silence.

"Luke, Why did you bring me here? And where is here?" I said confused and looked around.

"We're far away from civilisation, so your little friends won't be able to save you or get in the way" He chuckled in reply. I took a step back from him.

"Why? What's wrong with them protecting me?" I challenged.

"They won't be able to protect you" he yelled "not from what's coming"

"What is coming?" I said, slightly scared now.

"He's coming" Luke stated and darkly looked around the room.

"Who?" I pressed.

"The most powerful being, I have to protect you from him" he said and strode over towards me.

Dylan said that he was one of the most powerful lost souls out there, was Luke talking about him?

"What, Dylan?" I asked with my eyebrows furrowed. Surely it's not....

"What, no" Luke spat angrily "it's not him - even though he is a dick. It's someone else. He's very powerful and is hunting you" he finished.

"What?" I asked panicked "why is he hunting me?"

"Because you are different" Luke said and looked at me with something in his eyes...i couldn't put my finger on it.

"You didn't follow the order, you've always been a target" ha said and placed his hand on my cheek.

"What? No I followed the order" I said in panic "I let you in - I didn't mean for you to turn dark" I continued and clutched his hand.

"What did I do wrong?" I whispered as tears slipped down my cheeks. His eyes lightened slightly.

"You didn't do anything wrong - it was all messed up from the start" he began in a soft, quiet voice.

"What do you mean?"

"I should have told you sooner, but Dylan and I-" he started but was cut off when he dropped to the ground, clutched his head and started to scream in pain.

"Luke?!" I said In panic and rushed to his side.

He was still screaming but I took him into my arms and started to shush him.

"What can I do to help?" I asked, the pain from his yells vibrated through me making me share his pain mentally.

He silenced for a few minutes and looked up at me. His eyes held a lot of pain but he still managed to whisper a "run".

"What? No I'm not leaving you" I stated firmly.

"Run. Now. I'm right behind you, I'll hold them off - go to Dylan he'll know what to do" he finished an shakily got to his feet.

"What no! Who am I running from?" I yelled and he pulled me along, stumbling slightly.

He carried on running so I tugged him and he spun around to face me.

"His name is Crowley" he said and looked around panicked. The house was silent and Luke's eyes widened in fear.

"It's too late" he whispered.

"What? Why?" I said and clutched onto his arm "is it Crowley? Is he here?!" I said in terror.

However, Luke didn't reply. Instead he was torn from my grip and thrown against the wall. I too was flung against the wall, it was like someone was holding me in place by my throat; tightening every second.

A tall man in a black suit, with three other men following him walked into the room.

"Hello, darling" he noted in a heavy British accent "I've been looking for you"