Chapter 12

Abbie's POV-

The next morning Luke and I awoke early as we both had to go into work. Luke, reluctant yet exited, stood beside me as I continued to ramble about different cocktail mixtures that customers could possibly want.

"Then you add the vodka and the pineapple juice, blend and then shake. Simple! you try" i said whilst gesturing to the equipment that was set out in front of me.

"Ummm.... nah I think I got it" Luke stammered.

"You weren't watching were you?" I questioned with my eyebrows raised.

"No I was!" he defended "it's just that you are very distracting" he stated and I felt the blush rise on my cheeks.

He chuckled at my reaction and pulled me close to his chest. Sensing that he wanted a kiss I pulled away and he pouted.

"Not while we are at work" I scolded whilst going to grab my notepad.

Luke grumbled something under his breath and i giggled as his childishness.

"So, the lunch rush is gonna start soon and you'd be surprised at just how many customers actually start drinking alcohol at this time of the day" I said
"So, just be prepared" I told Luke whilst walking off to find Jo.

---

As I suspected the lunch rush swept through the restaurant and everyone was working really hard.

As I was walking back towards the kitchen to place an order for a customer, I glanced at the bar to see how Luke was doing. A frown etched its way into my face when I saw a lady, perhaps in her early twenties, with her hand running up and down Luke's arm whilst her and Luke were laughing about something.

Jealousy started to pump through my veins and I couldn't help but stand there and scowl in their direction.

Sensing my stare, Luke turned his head and his gaze met mine. But he didn't do anything - he didn't move away from the woman he just stood there with a smirk on his face.

Hurt washed over me, but I tried not to let it show and I stomped over to the cash register and entered the customers order, rather forcefully, into the machine.

Luke walked over to me and put his arm over my shoulder but I shrugged it off in anger.

"Aww come one babe" he chuckled "you've totally got the wrong end of the stick"

I rolled my eyes. "Really? cus' it seemed like you were having a really good time flirting with her"

"I was not flirting with her; I was laughing at her. Because I could see her guardian and he was pissed because she was flirting with me. It was actually very amusing" he stated as he started to twirl a piece of my hair between his fingertips.

"Really?" I timidly asked.

"Really. Do you think I went through all those years of not having you, just to finally get you and throw you away just like that?" he asked.

I looked down at the ground and shrugged. Luke smiled and took my chin in his fingers,raising my head to look at him.

"Well, the answers no" he smiled and lent in for a kiss. This time I didn't pull away and our lips moulded together.

Luke pulled away reluctantly and looked at his wrist watch.

"So, how much longer before we get to go home?" he asked with hopeful eyes.

---

When we finally got home it was rather late and all I wanted to do was cuddle up to Luke and sleep. I walked through the door and kicked off my shoes. Expecting Luke to follow me I trudged upstairs but stopped when I found that he wasn't.

"Luke what are you doing?" I asked as Luke was hovering in the doorway on his phone.

"Michael, Calum and Ashton have something to tell me and I think I have to go over to Jo's house" he said whilst hanging up the phone.

"Oh okay" I said "do you know what it's about? I asked.

"Yeah somethin' about finally getting Faye and Mickey to know about Cal and Ash"

"Oh okay then" I said whilst walking down to the bottom of the steps.

"Do I have to go or can I stay here?" I asked.

"You can stay here if you're tired" I nodded and pecked his lips.

"See you in a bit then, I'll leave the back door open for you okay?" Luke smiled an nodded in reply before walking out the door.

----

3rd persons view-

Luke walked down the driveway and looked back at the front door, contemplating leaving Abbie on her own or not. He decided to ignore the uneasy feeing in his stomach and started walking towards Jo's house.

Sighing, Abbie locked the front door and all of the windows of her house - but made sure to leave the back door unlocked for Luke.
As she changed into her pyjamas she got an uneasy feeling in her stomach. It was like someone was watching her.

She shook it off and told herself it was just her mind playing tricks on her because Luke wasn't there.

However, what Abbie didn't know was that the noises in the house weren't just the wind outside.
And the chill around her wasn't because of the windows that she left open all day.

Abbie didn't know that closing the curtains wouldn't help her. Because that would block her view from outside - but it would also block the outside view in.

Abbie didn't know that she just locked herself inside with her worst nightmare - mind you nor did Luke.

With a sinister smirk on its face the man tilted his head to the side and stared at Abbie's bedroom door. It had dark eyes and an all to plastic, yet evil appearance. It let out a quite sinister chuckle.

It was already too late.